Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

6 minutes ago, Dawgfan88 said:

The Hampton girls get it done at South Greene, winning 55-53 to stay undefeated!

Big win for the lady dogs.  We got a meeting in the distant future.  We had undefeated gate city beat by 12 in the 4th and lost cause we made only 3 out of 20 foul shots.  If we don't get it together then the region will be deservedly yours.  If our girls come to play it will be your biggest challenge yet but we got NG Friday at their place.   I bet they make it interesting 

If Ramsey isn't seriously considered for Miss Basketball, it'll be a travesty. This Unaka team is arguably the worst I've ever seen WITH Ramsey in it, and she's still averaging 30+ being double and triple teamed every night. She's scoring about 75-80% of their offense. 

And I'd take Hampton over Cloudland, personally. They're just so much more explosive on offense. 

4 hours ago, crazzyness said:

If Ramsey isn't seriously considered for Miss Basketball, it'll be a travesty. This Unaka team is arguably the worst I've ever seen WITH Ramsey in it, and she's still averaging 30+ being double and triple teamed every night. She's scoring about 75-80% of their offense. 

And I'd take Hampton over Cloudland, personally. They're just so much more explosive on offense. 

I agree with that but I doubt they reach 50 points on us.  We're one of the top defensive teams in the state. Jeff County is the only team to score 50 and they beat us 50-49.  Carp's trap press concerns me a little.  McKinney will have to get us through it like she did in last years tournament.  We obviously can't play like we have or we won't get past NG much less Hampton.  The jv missed a ton of easy shots and they beat us but we held them very low after they scored in the 60s on west ridge.  I think it was 38.  That game should've went to the wire

On 1/3/2023 at 8:33 PM, THE KING said:

Big win for the lady dogs.  We got a meeting in the distant future.  We had undefeated gate city beat by 12 in the 4th and lost cause we made only 3 out of 20 foul shots.  If we don't get it together then the region will be deservedly yours.  If our girls come to play it will be your biggest challenge yet but we got NG Friday at their place.   I bet they make it interesting 

We went 3 for 14 against Unaka and lost by 9 I think in a game we led for 3 quarters lol. Hard times 

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

@RodgerDodger32 what do you think about tonight?  I won't be able to make the trip. 

I won’t either but I definitely think Cloudland has the better team. I believe NG is almost healthy just missing their big post unless something else has happened since earlier this week. NG in Baileyton is always tough but Matt is a great coach so I’m sure he will have them ready. I see Cloudland winning but wouldn’t surprise me if NG kept it close and maybe even squeaked one out.