Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

39 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Thanks for the updates tonight Tootie. That's a big win for the Lady Dogs at Baileyton to go to 16-0 on the season. 

I thought it might be tough.  It's shaping up to be a heck of a battle in roan mountain.  It'll be standing room only. I was surprised how loud it was against unaka.  That's why these schools can never be consolidated.  These kids live for this moment.  We'll see the lady dogs next Friday.  May the best team win.

45 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I thought it might be tough.  It's shaping up to be a heck of a battle in roan mountain.  It'll be standing room only. I was surprised how loud it was against unaka.  That's why these schools can never be consolidated.  These kids live for this moment.  We'll see the lady dogs next Friday.  May the best team win.

Yep. One thing is for sure, only two teams will advance past the region semis. I predict those two games will be absolute wars.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:36 PM, dogtruth said:

Yep. One thing is for sure, only two teams will advance past the region semis. I predict those two games will be absolute wars.

We beat Mitchell tonight 50-27. Bulldogs should be 18-0 when they come to roan mountain.  We're 13-5 and have played a lot more strong teams.  It probably won't make any difference.  I feel the lady dogs are as good as they come.  I'd get there early.  It's gonna get crazy. 

22 hours ago, THE KING said:

We beat Mitchell tonight 50-27. Bulldogs should be 18-0 when they come to roan mountain.  We're 13-5 and have played a lot more strong teams.  It probably won't make any difference.  I feel the lady dogs are as good as they come.  I'd get there early.  It's gonna get crazy. 

I'd say it will be a standing room only crowd before the JV games are finished. To say it is one loud gymnasium is an understatement. Cloudland definitely has a home court advantage in that gym. This dog will not be able to make it but I would appreciate any updates you can give for the game. :thumb:

1 hour ago, dogtruth said:

I'd say it will be a standing room only crowd before the JV games are finished. To say it is one loud gymnasium is an understatement. Cloudland definitely has a home court advantage in that gym. This dog will not be able to make it but I would appreciate any updates you can give for the game. :thumb:

I'll do my best. Tootie does a good job with updates.  I'm sure the Hampton Facebook page will do a livestream.  

17 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'll do my best. Tootie does a good job with updates.  I'm sure the Hampton Facebook page will do a livestream.  

Not been to a game all season, hope to make this one. Matt has a solid team and has always done a Great job, Carp has really turned things around and has his girls playing well and believing. For my part, hope both make a deep run. This game sure won't determine anything but think its really bigger for Hampton, they need to get over the mental hump. Hope both play well and people get their monies worth. 

4 hours ago, pujo said:

Not been to a game all season, hope to make this one. Matt has a solid team and has always done a Great job, Carp has really turned things around and has his girls playing well and believing. For my part, hope both make a deep run. This game sure won't determine anything but think its really bigger for Hampton, they need to get over the mental hump. Hope both play well and people get their monies worth. 

They're unrecognizable from 2 seasons ago and some people don't think coaching matters.  It most definitely matters who the caretaker is.  You definitely need to come.  It'll be like going back to 2013 when our boys went to the wire every game.  Our girls and Hampton can compete with the best in the state.  North greene lost by 4 to usj in a tournament and usj only lost by 4 to #1 Wayne County.  The only problem would be if we had to play Hampton in the region semifinals.  A really good team's season will end. 

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

They're unrecognizable from 2 seasons ago and some people don't think coaching matters.  It most definitely matters who the caretaker is.  You definitely need to come.  It'll be like going back to 2013 when our boys went to the wire every game.  Our girls and Hampton can compete with the best in the state.  North greene lost by 4 to usj in a tournament and usj only lost by 4 to #1 Wayne County.  The only problem would be if we had to play Hampton in the region semifinals.  A really good team's season will end. 

I watched the Hampton and north Greene game. I believe both cloudland and Hampton have better teams. That said if they don’t come to play I think NG can beat either one.   Friday will be a slobber knocker. I think Hampton will have to shoot the 3 ball well to win. Points are a premium against cloudland. Hope to see both make deep runs and these games will only make both better. 

31 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I watched the Hampton and north Greene game. I believe both cloudland and Hampton have better teams. That said if they don’t come to play I think NG can beat either one.   Friday will be a slobber knocker. I think Hampton will have to shoot the 3 ball well to win. Points are a premium against cloudland. Hope to see both make deep runs and these games will only make both better. 

Wayne County hasn't played USJ.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ve not seen Hampton play but I would say they have a good team, but take Cloudland, SG & NG off their schedule and they haven’t played anyone, it could come back to bite them. But region 1 has no competition besides Oneida.

I agree. Cloudland and Hampton are definitely the best teams in the Region. 
The Game tomorrow is a toss up. But I’m going with the Lander Girls in the Game because of being in Roan Mtn it is going to be a War. And Cloudland is a real TOUGH PLACE to Play. I expect the Game to be decided late in the 4th Qtr. Definitely less than by 5 either way. But give me Cloudland by 3 in the end. Jus my opinion.