Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

21 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Happy Valley was a much better team tonight than their record would indicate. I was at the game.

Two of SG's starters got into early foul trouble and coach opened the floodgates and played everybody in the first half. SG's sixth player did not suit up tonight, which made some difference in the game. HV had a double-digit lead, with what seemed like zero turnovers, but SG narrowed it down before the half was over. 

SG's starters came out in the second half, got into a groove, and outscored HV 19-5 in the third. Happy Valley's #34 is an excellent player, knocking down threes and playing tough but was slowed down a bit in the second half. If SG hadn't gotten a good lead in the third, HV could have won the game in the fourth.

District should be interesting. It's great to see good competition in District 1. Much credit goes to Happy Valley for playing a good game on the road. Rebel Hill is not an easy place to play.

One criticism: HV needs to have more fans travel to support their team like Hampton did a couple of weeks ago. IMO, in makes a difference.

#34 is Katie Bailey and she was a thorn in our side both times we played them.  It looked like we would blow the game open and she'd start hitting 3's.  HV has talent and they should've beat unaka and chuckey Doak. 

11 hours ago, THE KING said:

Was really hoping mu buddy hv warrior could've got the upset over SG.  That would've been a big time win for hv

Thanks man. We are playing much better basketball right now and have figured some things out on defense. We didn't come out with the win but a rematch in the District title game would suit me just fine lol. Fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Thanks man. We are playing much better basketball right now and have figured some things out on defense. We didn't come out with the win but a rematch in the District title game would suit me just fine lol. Fingers crossed 

I see a possible rematch in the District. South Greene beat Happy Valley by two points last year. Anything can happen in the tournament. Good Luck to your team. 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:21 PM, THE KING said:

My daughters said Sahara was walking without crutches today which is a good sign she may be back for tournament.  The lady landers have proven to still be a force. The real test will come Tuesday against NG. 

Wonderful News. . Doesn’t seem like a surgical issue. She may have to wear a brace for a period. But sounds like she’s going to be fine. Obviously she’s going to be needed during the Tournament. I just wish that All Teams are at Full Strength when it matters. 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:38 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Wonderful News. . Doesn’t seem like a surgical issue. She may have to wear a brace for a period. But sounds like she’s going to be fine. Obviously she’s going to be needed during the Tournament. I just wish that All Teams are at Full Strength when it matters. 

I think she finds out today what the real prognosis is.  I'll let you know if I find out something new.  

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Was told Sahara will miss the rest of the season and will return in November.  I'm praying that she has no more issues during her senior season.  That team will be for real. It means my girls will have to step up during summer camps. 

Get well soon Sis. This team is still good enough to get to Murfreesboro without her. Time for Matt to rally the troops and Coach em Up. 

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

Was told Sahara will miss the rest of the season and will return in November.  I'm praying that she has no more issues during her senior season.  That team will be for real. It means my girls will have to step up during summer camps. 

King. . I REALLY Hate that News. I know that Team has a real shot at making the State. But without Her i know that it’s an uphill battle. But as they say when someone goes down it’s next “man” up. Maybe her loss will inspire the underclass to step up. I sure hope so. This is a Special Team. And i mean Team. 
I wish them all the best going forward. 

13 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

King. . I REALLY Hate that News. I know that Team has a real shot at making the State. But without Her i know that it’s an uphill battle. But as they say when someone goes down it’s next “man” up. Maybe her loss will inspire the underclass to step up. I sure hope so. This is a Special Team. And i mean Team. 
I wish them all the best going forward. 

Thank you.  They already stepped up against hampton so we know it can be done.  Street and blair will have to step up big tonight.  We'll need more points from them, kendal, and Ryan.  

Well we dropped a nail biter 40-38 to NG.  It was a well executed game plan by coach James and the defensive play in this game was a clinic.  We played really bad in the 1st and 3rd quarters so I thought that played a big part in the outcome.  Sahara was on the bench and giving out water during timeouts.  Pray for her mom.  This is really hard on her.

13 hours ago, THE KING said:

Well we dropped a nail biter 40-38 to NG.  It was a well executed game plan by coach James and the defensive play in this game was a clinic.  We played really bad in the 1st and 3rd quarters so I thought that played a big part in the outcome.  Sahara was on the bench and giving out water during timeouts.  Pray for her mom.  This is really hard on her.

Must have been good D on both sides.  Hate to hear the young lady will be out for the remaining season.  With just a couple games left for each in season, lots to be decided with both Hampton games now.  Should be good games.