Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

59 minutes ago, SmallTownSportsGuy said:

I'm sure someone has covered this, but how's Cloudland looking this year? I saw them a few times last year... seemed like a tough, gritty group of girls. Selfishly, I wished Coalfield had won that substate game, but I got no problem admitting y'all just flat beat Coalfield that night and the better team won. Anyway, what all do they lose and who comes back?

If I'm not mistaken they only lost the Lefty shooter as far as starters go. Cloudland will be a force for the next few years. 

I could see them making some more state tournaments. They play defense with an intensity you don't see much anymore and have some decent weapons. Personally, I don't know if any teams out my way will get far enough to deal with Cloudland or not, but they seem to be a tough team. Some nice people out that way, too, for that matter.

5 hours ago, SmallTownSportsGuy said:

I could see them making some more state tournaments. They play defense with an intensity you don't see much anymore and have some decent weapons. Personally, I don't know if any teams out my way will get far enough to deal with Cloudland or not, but they seem to be a tough team. Some nice people out that way, too, for that matter.

The only weakness we really have is nonconsistent shooting.  We have 8 incoming freshmen, 2 sophomores,5 juniors, and 3 seniors

1 hour ago, deputydog said:

King…how do you see District 1-A? From 1-4 with Cloudland, Hampton, NG & Unaka…

Honestly,  going by what I've seen in camps Hampton is looking the best.  I got to speak with Buchanun and he says what any coach says.  We got to get better.  I'd say once the season gets going that it will be a hot contest between the lady dogs and landers with north greene and the creekers playing for 3rd.  Unaka is definitely better than I thought they'd be.  I don't want people to think that i'm  putting cloudland back at the glass house just because they return all most everyone.  Too much talent and good coaching in this district to sleep on anyone.  I will say that our jv could go undefeated.  

22 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

If I'm not mistaken they only lost the Lefty shooter as far as starters go. Cloudland will be a force for the next few years. 

We swept all 3 games today.  Hv looks pretty dang good.  They stayed with us throughout the game 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:05 AM, THE KING said:

Ramsey has reached immortal status.  Unaka will be tough.   South Greene will also be good.  Elizabethton, best team I've seen so far 

Watched Elizabethton beat Oakland this morning and I watched South Green yesterday. East Tennessee is going to ge loaded with good teams this year.