South Greene 2022

blazer1set

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The Rebels come to Boone to open the season on Aug 19.    Anyone know how SG will be this year?     They looked good when we played them last year, especially going up against a much larger school.

They lost a lot but do return some decent players. Never know who might transfer in or out. All coaches are back so I’d expect the same scheme. The QB is gone which is pretty big. Think they scrimmaged Gatlinburg Pittman this spring 

17 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

They lost a lot but do return some decent players. Never know who might transfer in or out. All coaches are back so I’d expect the same scheme. The QB is gone which is pretty big. Think they scrimmaged Gatlinburg Pittman this spring 

Thanks for the info.    Boone's defense is going to be very stout but we too are struggling @ QB, so this may end up being a defensive battle played between the 20's.      Final score something like 3-2

On 5/31/2022 at 1:26 PM, blazer1set said:

The Rebels come to Boone to open the season on Aug 19.    Anyone know how SG will be this year?     They looked good when we played them last year, especially going up against a much larger school.

Think you guys will be a handful this year, I think you win the conference again. I'll sure be pulling for you.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:25 PM, pujo said:

Think you guys will be a handful this year, I think you win the conference again. I'll sure be pulling for you.

Same to Hampton, get to Chattanooga again in 2022.    I just hope we have a dry night to play unlike last year's tsunami.       How is Hampton looking this year, you guys lose much from last year?     We are going to have a very stout defense but offense is going to struggle, so we'll see what happens.    We can't get into a fast-break type of game against a good team.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Same to Hampton, get to Chattanooga again in 2022.    I just hope we have a dry night to play unlike last year's tsunami.       How is Hampton looking this year, you guys lose much from last year?     We are going to have a very stout defense but offense is going to struggle, so we'll see what happens.    We can't get into a fast-break type of game against a good team.

We replace a ton, we are a work in progress to say the least. hopefully we can win 4 or 5 games.

I look for SG to drop off this season.  Not sure how much though? They will be young and inexperienced.  Last years incoming freshman had some good skill guys and speed; this year they will be sophomores but still not much experience at the high school level yet.  This years incoming freshman is a large group and has some size, speed and raw talent, but there again inexperienced at the high school level. Both last year and this years incoming freshman I believe had only lost 2 games in a 2 year span.  I don’t see them being as dominant this year in their region as they were the last 2 season.  With Some of their lineman and the Qb that just graduated, it’s going to be tough going to fill them gaps until the youngsters get some playing experience and a couple of season in the weight room under their belts. Once they get some experience and weight room conditioning I looked to for them to be really strong the next few years and possibly have the potential to get over that hump and make a state appearance.  For this season I look for them to go 5-5, maybe 6-5 and it will probably come down to either SG, Hampton, or Cumberland Gap as the top 3 in that side of the region AA. After the Boone game we should have a better measuring stick of SG’s potential for 2022.  I look for Boone to take them to the wood shed and give them a good ole fashion whipping.  I hope I’m wrong, but just being realistic.

Edited by Romansfive8

23 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I look for SG to drop off this season.  Not sure how much though? They will be young and inexperienced.  Last years incoming freshman had some good skill guys and speed; this year they will be sophomores but still not much experience at the high school level yet.  This years incoming freshman is a large group and has some size, speed and raw talent, but there again inexperienced at the high school level. Both last year and this years incoming freshman I believe had only lost 2 games in a 2 year span.  I don’t see them being as dominant this year in their region as they were the last 2 season.  With Some of their lineman and the Qb that just graduated, it’s going to be tough going to fill them gaps until the youngsters get some playing experience and a couple of season in the weight room under their belts. Once they get some experience and weight room conditioning I looked to for them to be really strong the next few years and possibly have the potential to get over that hump and make a state appearance.  For this season I look for them to go 5-5, maybe 6-5 and it will probably come down to either SG, Hampton, or Cumberland Gap as the top 3 in that side of the region AA. After the Boone game we should have a better measuring stick of SG’s potential for 2022.  I look for Boone to take them to the wood shed and give them a good ole fashion whipping.  I hope I’m wrong, but just being realistic.

Gonna be a good pillow fight for the conference. Will make for an interesting year, Can't see anyone making a deep run. Hope I'm wrong.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:05 AM, Romansfive8 said:

That's some great analysis, thx

• 1 month later...

This is unconfirmed, but I am hearing this game is being moved to August 20 @ noon