New transfer to UTC?

RMC

If I'm wrong, I'll blame my daughter as she said he posted on his Instagram. 

From what I understand, Logan Ashton from Buford, Ga and Stanford is transferring to UTC with 3 years of eligibility remaining.    Logan was a 2 time Georgia State champ and 2 time runner up.  If my memory serves me correctly, both his losses in the finals were to 4-timer Caden McCrary who is now wrestling at North Carolina.

He was a NCAA qualifier this year...won his pigtail and then lost to #1 seed Suriano of Michigan and then 3-1 to #16 seed Hildebrandt of Penn State.

Pre Stanford bio: (borrowed from Stanford's web site)

• A 2019 graduate of Buford High School in Buford, Ga.
  • Four-year letterwinner, captained his team all four seasons
  • 2017 and 2018 Georgia 5A Traditional and Team Duals State Champions
  • 2016 and 2019 Georgia 5A Traditional and Team Duals State runner-up
  • Two-time Georgia state champion and four-time finalist
  • 2019 NHSCA Senior national champion
  • 3-time NHSCA All-American
  • 2019 Wrestling USA Magazine All-American
  • 2019 Mount Mat Madness champion
  • 2018 Flo Nationals All-American
  • 2018 Kansas City Stampede champion
  • Two-time Gwinnett Daily Post Super 6
  • Four-time Gwinnett Daily Post all-county first team
  • 188-11 overall record with 131 career pins
  • 2019 NHSCA Academic All-American
  • Member of the National Honor Society (2018)

Closer to home. Great for mom and dad and fam…

Buford grad Logan Ashton to wrestle for Tennessee-Chattanooga after graduating from Stanford

• From Staff Reports
  •  
    • Jun 1, 2022 

1 of 2

22 CMW: PAC12: FINALS

Buford grad Logan Ashton, a redshirt sophomore at Stanford is a first-time NCAA qualifier.

• Tony Rotundo/WrestlersAreWarriors.com

22 CMW: PAC12: FINALS

Buford grad Logan Ashton, a redshirt sophomore at Stanford is a first-time NCAA qualifier.

• Tony Rotundo/WrestlersAreWarriors.com

Buford grad Logan Ashton announced his commitment to the Tennessee-Chattanooga wrestling program Tuesday.

Ashton graduated from Stanford, where he wrestled the past three years, and plans to use his remaining eligibility at UTC while pursuing a master’s degree in business and finance. With a redshirt season and the COVID-19 year, he will have three seasons of eligibility left.

Ashton was third in the Pac-12 Championships at 125 pounds last season and qualified for the NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships for the first time.

As a high school wrestler, Ashton went 184-11 with two state championships, two state runner-up finishes and two National High School Coaches Association All-American awards.

————-

Side note: this four-time finalist from Georgia left a program that was on life-support and qualified for the NCAA championships. Now he’s going after a post graduate degree and continue doing what he loves :thumb:

Edited by soms2
  • Like 1