Knoxville area football

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, OrangePylon said:

Is Hardin Valley still going to be bad this year?

Saw HVA in a 7 v 7 and no shade to the previous group, but it is very apparent that the coaching is 2x better if not more.  New HC has put together a pretty good staff.  May be to early to compete late, but this team will win. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:03 AM, ILB1999WHS said:

Isn't this the 5A/6A thread?  

Farragut and Central will be okay, but not the best in the area.  Just like last year.

If I'm not mistaken Farragut was a 4 seed, got hot in the playoffs and made a run. I don't see them being an improved team this year losing #15 their only deep threat last year. 

On 6/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, Rhea Co. said:

As far as 6A goes I don’t think their hasn’t been outside of Oakland. I think Maryville has been the only team out of the Knoxville area in the semi since it was started. 

Bearden was in semi against Smyrna --- I believe it was in '07. These were really the two best teams in 6A that year that I saw.

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Bearden has never been in a 6A semi. Maybe 5A, but 6A they've never come close.

The 6 public school classification didn't start until 2009, so in 2007 5A was still the largest classification. ToMAYto/ToMAHto.