Summer Camps

maddams

Watched Greeneville and Gatlinburg Pittman battle at the Tusculum camp yesterday- what a great game.  2 teams that both went to the state tournament last year in 2A and 3A.  Greeneville won by about 10 but score fluctuated from a 4-14 point lead most of the game for GHS.  The 2 freshmen for GP that transferred from LakeWay can play and will really cause problems for other teams since they already have Newman inside plus the other big girl.  For GHS - Ellenburg was on fire yesterday from 3 and Shaw handled the ball really well - plus created all kinds of havoc.  Bailey was steady and Carter played well too.  GHS has 1 starter and a key sub out for the summer so they will be strong again. 

TN Report “Way Too Early” Rankings

A

1. McKenzie 2. Wayne Co 3. Cloudland 
4. Moore Co 5. Huntland 6. Clarkrange 
7. Pickett Co

AA

1. Westview 2. York 3. Gatlinburg Pittman 
4. Alcoa 5. McMinn Central 6. East Nashville 
7. Gibson Co

AAA

1. Jackson South Side 2. Upperman               3. South Gibson 4. Elizabethton 5. Livingston Academy 6. White Co 7. Creek Wood

AAAA

1. Blackman 2. Bartlett 3. Bradley Central    4. Bearden 5. Cookeville 6. Warren Co          7. Sevier Co

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, maddams said:

A

1. McKenzie 2. Wayne Co 3. Cloudland 
4. Moore Co 5. Huntland 6. Clarkrange 
7. Pickett Co

AA

1. Westview 2. York 3. Gatlinburg Pittman 
4. Alcoa 5. McMinn Central 6. East Nashville 
7. Gibson Co

AAA

1. Jackson South Side 2. Upperman               3. South Gibson 4. Elizabethton 5. Livingston Academy 6. White Co 7. Creek Wood

AAAA

1. Blackman 2. Bartlett 3. Bradley Central    4. Bearden 5. Cookeville 6. Warren Co          7. Sevier Co

Thoughts?

I would put Elizabethton 2 and I would have Gibson County in the top 5 somewhere and Loretto in the top 7. Gibson County’s varsity went 6-1 at MTSU and has had a very strong summer camp. Got some improving to do but they are ahead of schedule now. They had the best MTSU camp I have seen since I have been going. Greenville I have heard good things about and could be a top 5 and Huntingdon has played well this summer. Lots of really good teams in Tennessee this year. Also what Page?? And Huntland will give fits to teams in Single A this year.

Edited by pioneer42

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I would put Elizabethton 2 and I would have Gibson County in the top 5 somewhere and Loretto in the top 7. Gibson County’s varsity went 6-1 at MTSU and has had a very strong summer camp. Got some improving to do but they are ahead of schedule now. They had the best MTSU camp I have seen since I have been going. Greenville I have heard good things about and could be a top 5 and Huntingdon has played well this summer. Lots of really good teams in Tennessee this year. Also what Page?? And Huntland will give fits to teams in Single A this year.

I think Huntland has everyone back from a really good team last year.  So I can see that team being the favorite in Region 5.  No surprise with McKenzie being ranked number 1 as that is well deserved and accurate in my opinion.  Interesting to see 3 region 5 teams in the rankings.  I was t sure Wayne County would be ranked that high after losing a couple of starters and a key bench player from last year.

2 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

I think Huntland has everyone back from a really good team last year.  So I can see that team being the favorite in Region 5.  No surprise with McKenzie being ranked number 1 as that is well deserved and accurate in my opinion.  Interesting to see 3 region 5 teams in the rankings.  I was t sure Wayne County would be ranked that high after losing a couple of starters and a key bench player from last year.

We played Wayne County and Huntland and I could see Huntland giving them all they want. Clay County is pretty good as well. Very strong post play.  

40 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Wouldn’t want to play Summertown or Loretto at end of season - neither will has seasonal standout records like last many years  but both got lots of talent and pedigree - no gold balls for summer camp and either could get hot at right time 

I agree. Loretto, Summertown or Huntingdon aren’t in the top seven and any of the three could get hot and win it. We seen what Upperman did last year. Also got Westmoreland. AA is some kind of loaded. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Only one team from Memphis area mentioned ( and I agree ) but they sure take up lot of room for good teams not to make State but I’m sure TSSAA can’t figure out how to remedy that 

They don’t play three quarters of the time. The one team that is mentioned is the real deal though and on paper should win AAAA, but you never know. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:33 PM, maddams said:

AAA

1. Jackson South Side  3. South Gibson

Thoughts?

I envision some wars between these programs for years to come.

As a SS alumnus, we took the next step as a program with our game at Medina (SG) in 2022. Went into their hostile environment, silenced their crowd and brought a big win back to S Jackson.

That was rewarding as we needed to cross that hurdle. That win propelled us to the state title game. After that night in Medina, we thought we could play with anybody in AAA anywhere.

After the dance, now we know we can.

AAA will have some super tough competition this year.

We hope to be part of it. ;)

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

18 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

I envision some wars between these programs for years to come.

As a SS alumnus, we took the next step as a program with our game at Medina (SG) in 2022. Went into their hostile environment, silenced their crowd and brought a big win back to S Jackson.

That was rewarding as we needed to cross that hurdle. That win propelled us to the state title game. After that night in Medina, we thought we could play with anybody in AAA anywhere.

After the dance, now we know we can.

AAA will have some super tough competition this year.

We hope to be part of it. ;)

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

South Side vs South Gibson, two great coaches going nose to nose. Gonna be fun to watch!