TSSAA BOC Meeting...Mercy rule changed

VOLnWTN

31 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

The mercy rule will now be 30 points and a running clock the second half. 

I have a question maybe you will know the answer to. I have a buddy who's interested in becoming an official for either football or baseball if not both. How would one do that? Seems like a great fit to me he's knowledgeable and he has no allegiances to Tennessee schools because he's from out of state. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I have a question maybe you will know the answer to. I have a buddy who's interested in becoming an official for either football or baseball if not both. How would one do that? Seems like a great fit to me he's knowledgeable and he has no allegiances to Tennessee schools because he's from out of state. 

Here is the link.  https://tssaa.org/officials-registration

It is as simple as registering, paying your fees, and picking your association.  Is he around the West Carroll area?  

If a team has the mercy rule applied to them 5 times or more for two seasons in a row then they should have to give up football for 2 years.  We have 6 levels now.  Have for a long time.  There is no excuse for keeping a program around like that.  Possibly, an exception could be made for 1A but only if they have an enrollment of less than 200.

9 minutes ago, MIA1 said:

If a team has the mercy rule applied to them 5 times or more for two seasons in a row then they should have to give up football for 2 years.  We have 6 levels now.  Have for a long time.  There is no excuse for keeping a program around like that.  Possibly, an exception could be made for 1A but only if they have an enrollment of less than 200.

No we should not go to eliminating programs....there are other alternatives for programs on the skids. 

There are some many different circumstances throughout the state.....all programs are not like Alcoa, Oakland, Maryville, Greenville, or Elizabethton. 

High School Football has enough challenges these days. If we are going to keep our game alive for the next 50 years, we have to find ways to keep it innovative and inviting to young to particpate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MIA1 said:

SMH.  Go tell that to Bruceton, Gleason, Greenfield, and any other small town who, regardless of record, their stands are packed on Friday nights.  These kids that put those pads on live for Friday nights, and so do these small towns. And, yes.  I know listed 1A schools, but this applies to larger schools/communities as well. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1