Summer Camps

WestTNHoopsFan

Haywood is the team to beat in 3A, along with Fulton. How they handle that is anyone's guess. 

Bolivar should still be pretty good, young kids will give them a shot at a gold ball next 2-3 years.

Fayette-Ware is still gonna be in the picture, depth is gonna be a issue though.

Ripley and Crockett should be dark horses to make deep postseason runs.

Middleton should still be the team to beat in 1A, but I expect Humboldt to bounce back strong.

Region 7-2A looks to be Milan and Gibson.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:10 PM, dmm88 said:

Haywood is the team to beat in 3A, along with Fulton. How they handle that is anyone's guess. 

Bolivar should still be pretty good, young kids will give them a shot at a gold ball next 2-3 years.

Fayette-Ware is still gonna be in the picture, depth is gonna be a issue though.

Ripley and Crockett should be dark horses to make deep postseason runs.

Middleton should still be the team to beat in 1A, but I expect Humboldt to bounce back strong.

Region 7-2A looks to be Milan and Gibson.

I heard South Side got beat bad twice in Shelbyville 

McNairy had a good showing in dyersburg

Haywood killing everybody

South Gibson as good if not better than last year

North Side tons of young kids

Imma go watch some games at Union this week.

Went to Union yesterday. A few teams and players I saw.

KJ Tenner from Cordova is gonna be a very special player, about 5"10, shoots it well, very quick and shifty. Had about 25 against South Gibson. Cordova should be a tough out.

Blytheville (AR) looked very athletic and had some size. Heard the big kid they have has close to 20+ D1 offers. He definitely passes the eye test. Needs to continue to polish his offensive game.

North Side should be ok. Scoring may be a issue, but they should finish top two in 12-AAA. 

South Gibson should still be pretty solid. Lost a few seniors, but they have a system and it's just plug and play with them.

Southwind is young and athletic as well, they will continue to improve and get better in the fall. Like the lefty PG they have, very quick and strong defensively, needs to continue working on the jumpshot.

I went to Union also

I preface this with who knows how many kids were missing from the teams right now. It is summer ball. but...

Rayshaud Marshall is a beast for Blytheville. Wow. High level D1 for sure

Lexington was better than I expected after graduating a lot - they pressed some and played really hard

Chester county was okay but sort of typical summer for a lot of teams - they went through the motions

North Side looks completely different - Going to be young and they take a step back

McNairy Central will compete for a District Title this year. no size but gotta a ton of shooters and play hard

South Gibson will be a really good team if they make shots. They played harder than any team I watched yesterday.

USJ runs good stuff but didn't impress

TCA looked really good at times. coach Williams son is a player

I'm going back in a few to watch more games...

I love West TN Hoops

• 2 weeks later...

Summer camps really don’t matter!… but… 1. Haywood County may win 3A state championship. Coach’s son is legit. Gets really high in mid range and he has tons of help and tons of size around him

2. South Side is a complete rebuild. They will struggle in post season for the first time in a long time. Really young and I didn’t see one familiar face from last year

3. TCA will compete this year. They have a freshman that is gonna be hard to handle. Coach’s son is a player 

4. Crockett County may win their region. They are strong and play really hard. Guard okay May hold them back but we will see

5. South Gibson may win District and region. They are long and can shoot really good. Got a really tall kid at the point that looked good. They will be better than last year 

On 6/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, OldSportsGuy said:

Summer camps really don’t matter!… but… 1. Haywood County may win 3A state championship. Coach’s son is legit. Gets really high in mid range and he has tons of help and tons of size around him

2. South Side is a complete rebuild. They will struggle in post season for the first time in a long time. Really young and I didn’t see one familiar face from last year

3. TCA will compete this year. They have a freshman that is gonna be hard to handle. Coach’s son is a player 

4. Crockett County may win their region. They are strong and play really hard. Guard okay May hold them back but we will see

5. South Gibson may win District and region. They are long and can shoot really good. Got a really tall kid at the point that looked good. They will be better than last year 

Crockett and Haywood are in the same region. Crockett gave the tomcats the boot last year in the semis. Are you predicting that those are the two playing for the region crown? If so, does Haywood get pay back or does Crockett show that they belong?

On 6/29/2022 at 4:51 PM, WestTNBBallFan1 said:

Crockett and Haywood are in the same region. Crockett gave the tomcats the boot last year in the semis. Are you predicting that those are the two playing for the region crown? If so, does Haywood get pay back or does Crockett show that they belong?

Haywood will definitely win that region

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:51 PM, WestTNBBallFan1 said:

That lost left a sour taste in Haywood mouth. Haywood will be hungry this year. We have a deep bench and size. Also when our football players get done with football. We will be even be more dangerous. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 12:40 PM, dmm88 said:

So I wonder how big is the gap between Knoxville Fulton and everyone else in 3A??????

You could put Fulton, Haywood (at full strength after football returns), and the Sullivan East team from the tournament last in the same category. (Just giving the Sullivan East team credit for what it did last year.

Haywood and K.Fulton are upper echelon.

• Like 1