Boys/Girls Junior National Duals Begin Tomorrow

TNUSAWrestling

In Tulsa, Oklahoma, streaming on Trackwrestling.com.

Mike Hatcher breaks down the line-ups an preparation with the boys' and girls' coaches below:

Junior Boys Tennessee National Team Coach Derek Harrison:
(1) Power Hour Podcast: Derek Harrison | Rokfin

Junior Girls Tennessee National Team Coach Taylor Ticknor:
(1) Power Hour Podcast: Taylor Ticknor | Rokfin

8 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Hoping they have some success, but from looking at the line ups, they may have a long weekend.

Especially our girls team…..only half the weights represented???  I thought TN has had a growth in participation?

IMO there is absolutely zero reason to take any team (boys or girls) to a national duals tournament if 90% of the weight classifications are not filled .  If this is true it is a complete waste of money!

Edited by cbg

8 hours ago, cbg said:

IMO there is absolutely zero reason to take any team (boys or girls) to a national duals tournament if 90% of the weight classifications are not filled .  If this is true it is a complete waste of money!

It is a good reason for Wrestlers to go.. They get more bank for the Buck as compared to Individuals. They can possibly pick up 9 regular matches and any Exhibition matches  where at Fargo they may only get 2.  

Great opportunity to Wrestle Quality Matches.  Plus only requirement is to have the bare minimum of Competitors,

2 hours ago, KidGloves said:

It says he is for the girls. I mean no disrespect to him, but for a nationals team, maybe a more known quantity. Did no one else want it?

He is the Assist coach at Siegel from Michigan.  He has served as one of the Coaches on the Mens teams in the Past.  I know he Wrestled in the Spartan Last year in Jacksonville and I believe won his Division and followed that up with a Win in Vegas this year at the Open for Greco.

21 minutes ago, PUMMELKING said:

He is the Assist coach at Siegel from Michigan.  He has served as one of the Coaches on the Mens teams in the Past.  I know he Wrestled in the Spartan Last year in Jacksonville and I believe won his Division and followed that up with a Win in Vegas this year at the Open for Greco.

Oh so he’s new over there? 

Wait. Siegel placed 25th in girls and 23rd in boys at this year’s state tournament. So this was their best coaching option? With a Bosken, Jenna Morris, or either girls coach from Clarksville or Rossview sitting out there? Did they not want it?

i again mean no disrespect, but I hate to think that a National team coaching position is a “pulse and you have it” slot. 

Edited by KidGloves