Boys/Girls Junior National Duals Begin Tomorrow

TNUSAWrestling

6 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

For multiple reasons, a lot of the top girls skipped this event.  A bunch of injuries, girls prepping for Fargo, other sports, etc. We have work to do on getting the best girls out for sure.

However, for all the talk of those other coaches mentioned above, almost no one from their programs participated. I will say TT is a good coach to have out there with an awesome 'stache to boot.

We finally agree with something. 

Another great showing from Team Tennessee at National Duals in Tulsa! The Team Tennessee Junior squad takes 3rd in opening Greco-Roman pool play and then 4th in the tough Bronze/Copper field to finish Top-12 in the country!

This builds off of the success of U14 and Cadet squads that also recorded Top-12 finishes in their respective divisions as well during their National Duals events.  Meanwhile the TN Girls finished their tournament with a win over North Carolina to place 4th in the Yellow/Green Pool.

Junior Boys Freestyle commences today; follow along or stream at Trackwrestling.com.

See Junior Boys Greco-Roman brackets here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce6R1Jjri4v/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_linkt

22 hours ago, CoachDFreeman said:

Multiple emails and messages were sent out about this duals tournament. Flyers were handed out at the state event. 

Multiple girls backed out due to personal reasons, injuries, other obligations. And we were not going to turn down the opportunity for those who committed and kept their commitment. The girls who kept their commitment are young but are gaining valuable experience while filling in for those veterans we usually have. 

As far as some of these other coaches you mentioned. How many of them have coached or had girls participate in TNUSA. Bosken is maybe the only one from the list I saw earlier. As the women’s director, I have reached out multiple times to these (and many other) coaches to get involvement and very few have answered the call or stepped up. 
So maybe these coaches just don’t want to be involved with FS. Maybe you should figure out why they didn’t step up instead of just assuming Ticknor is a fill in. 

As far as Ticknor, it would be hard to find another coach more actively involved and enthusiastic about girls wrestling. He was one of only two TN coaches willing to coach girls at Fargo in 2019 (when he first started in TN) and has been a constant ever since. He not only coaches Siegel’s girls but also anybody who is wanting help. He goes above and beyond for the team and all of the athletes respect him and his coaching. 

If you can coach the team better than him, please step up next time I reach out for help at the national level. 

I don’t need to figure anything out. My opinion isn’t open for negotiation. 

Just a couple of things:

1.  I hope that the girls that committed and then backed out were required to be financially responsible and pay the entire participants fee.

2.  In the future both boys and girls teams should be required to pay 50% of the total fees within one week of the conclusion of the state tournament and the remaining balance one week before leaving.

Until Tennessee decides to show some tough love, families will continue to back out which is not fair to the teammates and coaches.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cbg said:

Just a couple of things:

1.  I hope that the girls that committed and then backed out were required to be financially responsible and pay the entire participants fee.

2.  In the future both boys and girls teams should be required to pay 50% of the total fees within one week of the conclusion of the state tournament and the remaining balance one week before leaving.

Until Tennessee decides to show some tough love, families will continue to back out which is not fair to the teammates and coaches.

Gas prices are up, inflation is at a 50 year high, the middle class is almost non existent anymore and families are struggling to keep food on the table

but yeah, if they back out lets demand they pay for the entire trip still. 

3 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Gas prices are up, inflation is at a 50 year high, the middle class is almost non existent anymore and families are struggling to keep food on the table

I see your point but when you have to reserve hotel rooms and vans for travel you cant cancel last minute and not be charged for those items. TNUSA does not have the money to cover all the expenses. The logical answer is to have the kids pay an amount by a certain time to reserve their spot.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ummmno said:

I understand that gas prices are nearing $5.00 per gallon and the price of milk, bread, eggs, etc... are at record highs.  However, when you tell someone that you are going to attend an event and pay whatever the cost is for that event you have in essence agreed to a verbal contract.  TN USA Wrestling does not have the funds to cover the cost of uniforms, hotel rooms, transportation, etc... that was priced out based on X number of commitments.  What needs to happen is that the invitations go out immediately after the state tournament and those individuals being invited should be given one week to accept or decline a spot on the team.  At that time if they accept a spot on the team they will be given one week (7 days) to make a 50% non refundable down payment.  If for any reason they back out at a later they forfeit the down payment and are still responsible for the additional 50% unless a replacement can be found.  Yes, it's playing hardball but at some point and time people must accept responsibility for what they do and say.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cbg said:

I understand that gas prices are nearing $5.00 per gallon and the price of milk, bread, eggs, etc... are at record highs.  However, when you tell someone that you are going to attend an event and pay whatever the cost is for that event you have in essence agreed to a verbal contract.  TN USA Wrestling does not have the funds to cover the cost of uniforms, hotel rooms, transportation, etc... that was priced out based on X number of commitments.  What needs to happen is that the invitations go out immediately after the state tournament and those individuals being invited should be given one week to accept or decline a spot on the team.  At that time if they accept a spot on the team they will be given one week (7 days) to make a 50% non refundable down payment.  If for any reason they back out at a later they forfeit the down payment and are still responsible for the additional 50% unless a replacement can be found.  Yes, it's playing hardball but at some point and time people must accept responsibility for what they do and say.  

There is 0 way to enforce that. None. Nunca. Nada. 

You're telling people they should prioritize TNUSA Wrestling over their own bills and daily expenses because they entered a "verbal contract". That's horsecrap. Hot, steamy, smelly horsecrap. Things change. Life happens. Not everybody is as well off as others. And some people agree to some things when money is good and life is ok and have to change plans when life gets tough. 

Maybe its just me, idk, but I could give two craps about TNUSA Wrestling's feelings when it comes to keeping food on the table. Sorry, not sorry. 

18 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

There is 0 way to enforce that. None. Nunca. Nada. 

You're telling people they should prioritize TNUSA Wrestling over their own bills and daily expenses because they entered a "verbal contract". That's horsecrap. Hot, steamy, smelly horsecrap. Things change. Life happens. Not everybody is as well off as others. And some people agree to some things when money is good and life is ok and have to change plans when life gets tough. 

Maybe its just me, idk, but I could give two craps about TNUSA Wrestling's feelings when it comes to keeping food on the table. Sorry, not sorry. 

Do you know for sure that is the reason people backed out? Just sayin. 

17 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

Do you know for sure that is the reason people backed out? Just sayin. 

Negative, but does it really matter what their reasons are? Their reasons are their reasons and its not anybody else's business. 

There's more important things in life than wrestling.