Huntingdon Mustangs 2022

MustangGuru

This team has a great shot to win the region.  The defense last season had 9 underclassman on the field a lot toward the end of season so they will be good defensively.  If the offensive line comes alone this team will surprise some folks.  

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Good luck this season fellas, doubt you will need any luck though ! 

Man we're going to need a lot of luck this season. Got a young team that has to face a McKenzie team opening weekend that is probably the best team in their programs history. Thought of losing to Mckenzie 3 times in a row is horrible. Then we got Riverside, the best team in region 6 to contend with. Then we got to play the Gibson Co duo who hate us as much as they hate each other, then finish off the regular season on the road against Westview and Union City. Yeah I think we could use a little luck.

11 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Man we're going to need a lot of luck this season. Got a young team that has to face a McKenzie team opening weekend that is probably the best team in their programs history. Thought of losing to Mckenzie 3 times in a row is horrible. Then we got Riverside, the best team in region 6 to contend with. Then we got to play the Gibson Co duo who hate us as much as they hate each other, then finish off the regular season on the road against Westview and Union City. Yeah I think we could use a little luck.

I don’t think Trenton hates you. Hate is a strong word, I would say respect is more like it. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:01 AM, Croppygenius said:

I agree. We have a tough scheduled this year. We are a young team this year who like you said have the unfortunate disadvantage of playing against McKenzie this year, who is one of the clear favorites to win the title in 1A.. However, crazier things have happened. 

I am interested to see how we respond/adjust tomorrow night against Covington after our scrimmage last week. Would really like to see someone from the Offensive line stand up and stand out this week and take lead of the team. Luke Cooper could be that guy??

14 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

We could win 10, but we also could win just 4.

Hey Croppy.  Wanting to get your take.  I talked to one of the Huntingdon player's Dad Saturday and I asked him you guys looked. He said the line is going to really hurt you guys.  But, did like the backfield.  What is your take? I know you guys are young.