knoxville area top 10 updates

8 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I'm more intrigued with Bearden being on pronation already.  Did I miss how this went down? I assume illegal contact or transfer. 

slap on the wrist.  worth the illegal contact in the long run. coach was out of state building on the future anyway. word is over 40 new kids in maroon helmets and they huwngraaay. passing league tomorrow at bearden. looking forward to seeing new qb they bringing in. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BeardenBullies said:

slap on the wrist.  worth the illegal contact in the long run. coach was out of state building on the future anyway. word is over 40 new kids in maroon helmets and they huwngraaay. passing league tomorrow at bearden. looking forward to seeing new qb they bringing in. 

Daddy ball got Coach Josh the job, he’s not going to stop playing it now. Bball coach’s son will still be QB for the mediocre bullpups.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, BeardenBullies said:

I'm one of the few here that wish Josh well. It's not his fault he's good at playing the game of recruiting that has been allowed for decades. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I'm one of the few here that wish Josh well. It's not his fault he's good at playing the game of recruiting that has been allowed for decades. 

Yep.  

Been played even by those schools whose fans on this forum claim are pure as the driven snow.  

• Like 1

Reading Bearden Bullies posts that a slap on the wrist is ok if you can still cheat and get better players is the most Bearden thing of all time. Bearden tries to balance cheating with how much trouble they get in. Wrong is wrong. Don’t brag about the amount of illegal transfers and be glad it was just a slap on the wrist for hosting illegal recruits. 
Knox County and the Bearden Administration team are the ones who have dropped the ball here. 

• Like 2

One hundred minor violations does not equal a major violation. The pups got a week off, well rested for yesterday. 

7on7 looked good yesterday. dominated blount co basement dweller, beat dobyns bennet, beat carter and showed promise against pal. The offense coach jones built. headed to dead period heathy and excited

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Hartleyrick said:

Reading Bearden Bullies posts that a slap on the wrist is ok if you can still cheat and get better players is the most Bearden thing of all time. Bearden tries to balance cheating with how much trouble they get in. Wrong is wrong. Don’t brag about the amount of illegal transfers and be glad it was just a slap on the wrist for hosting illegal recruits. 
Knox County and the Bearden Administration team are the ones who have dropped the ball here. 

I don't disagree with wrong being wrong but until KCS/TSSAA cracks down on what is wrong and more importantly be consistent then all is fair. Does Powell care they won a state with players that don't live off Emory Road? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BeardenBullies said:

One hundred minor violations does not equal a major violation. The pups got a week off, well rested for yesterday. 

7on7 looked good yesterday. dominated blount co basement dweller, beat dobyns bennet, beat carter and showed promise against pal. The offense coach jones built. headed to dead period heathy and excited

7 on 7 victories, pffft. I guess Mr. Bean will take about anything over there, huh?

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

7 on 7 victories, pffft. I guess Mr. Bean will take about anything over there, huh?

Samson, I agree with the "pffft" when it comes to victories, but I feel there's a more important point to the 7 on 7. Teams need the 7 on 7's to build communication and confidence between QB's and receiver's, need 7 on 7's to learn who can and can't on defense. And if you can build a little "we won" into it, that goes a long way come fall practice. Once fall practice starts, you don't get the best on best. You get the best on 2nd's. So summer 7 on 7 is very important, it builds momentum!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Samson, I agree with the "pffft" when it comes to victories, but I feel there's a more important point to the 7 on 7. Teams need the 7 on 7's to build communication and confidence between QB's and receiver's, need 7 on 7's to learn who can and can't on defense. And if you can build a little "we won" into it, that goes a long way come fall practice. Once fall practice starts, you don't get the best on best. You get the best on 2nd's. So summer 7 on 7 is very important, it builds momentum!

.....but for fans and Coacht followers and posters, let the kids enjoy and build a little confidence. Let them take it seriously, it CAN have a bearing on the season you want to post on here about.

Since we are talking 7 on 7.....    I have noticed that a few high school teams essentially run a 7x7 offense in real games.   Let me explain....  They run a 1-back set (QB + RB + 5 LINEMEN = 7), send 4 guys out wide to spread the defense, and then the QB or RB does all the running.     The 4 wide-outs are there as a distraction.     Believe it or not I have seen a few teams run this quite successfully, maybe not the entire game but a lot of the plays.

• Like 1