Enrollment Numbers

5 hours ago, cbg said:

The rumor is that something similar to the following plan is being considered to help with travel and expenses:

* Everyone is back together and there is no D1 & D2

Class A:  Small rural public schools; no private schools, magnet schools or charter schools

Class AA:  Publics schools, small private schools that do not offer financial aid or work study, charter schools and magnet schools

Class AAA:  Public schools, small private schools that offer financial aid, large public schools, charter schools and magnet schools

Class AAAA:  Large public schools and large private schools that offer financial aid

* Cross Country, track & field, wrestling, tennis, golf, (ALL INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP SPORTS) would only crown one champion

This plan or something very similar has been discussed numerous times but with the cost of travel for not only the schools but also officials being so great I have once again heard that it is being seriously considered.  Let’s be honest and say that 9 state championship football games in a state with only 6.772 million people is ludicrous.  For reference purposes the population for both Atlanta, GA and Houston,TX is over 6 million people.

This wouldn't be a bad idea if they do it this way. The way it is now is just too watered down for a state that isn't even as big as some cities in the US. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Milan and Covington were in the region together. In fact it was a 9 team region. We didn’t play all teams within the region. One year under the z plan Covington played in the 4A title game and Milan in the 3A and they were in the same region. Crazy. 

In 2012, Gordonsville won 1A and Friendship Christian won 2A coming from the same district. That district was brutal.

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Salem said:

Plan makes sense. 9 is too many. 9 is way too many. A public school with 2000 students to draw from shouldn't be afraid of any private school. 

Except the private can hand pick from maybe 2 million and give a financial break, transportation and a quality education to only the elite that they choose.  No thanks!  How about cutting the financial aid then come back to play with the publics.  

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:47 AM, cbg said:

The rumor is that something similar to the following plan is being considered to help with travel and expenses:

* Everyone is back together and there is no D1 & D2

Class A:  Small rural public schools; no private schools, magnet schools or charter schools

Class AA:  Publics schools, small private schools that do not offer financial aid or work study, charter schools and magnet schools

Class AAA:  Public schools, small private schools that offer financial aid, large public schools, charter schools and magnet schools

Class AAAA:  Large public schools and large private schools that offer financial aid

* Cross Country, track & field, wrestling, tennis, golf, (ALL INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP SPORTS) would only crown one champion

This plan or something very similar has been discussed numerous times but with the cost of travel for not only the schools but also officials being so great I have once again heard that it is being seriously considered.  Let’s be honest and say that 9 state championship football games in a state with only 6.772 million people is ludicrous.  For reference purposes the population for both Atlanta, GA and Houston,TX is over 6 million people.

Private schools can keep to themselfs.  They showed they can't play by the rules, and no one wants to play them.  They can give sholarships and play each other.  I never want to see them in public school divisions again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Private schools can keep to themselfs.  They showed they can't play by the rules, and no one wants to play them.  They can give sholarships and play each other.  I never want to see them in public school divisions again.

It’s interesting that in Texas, Ohio, Georgia, etc… both the public and private schools are in the same division.  What are the public schools in those states doing differently than the Tennessee public schools?

17 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

give me a break.  public schools in TN (you know who you are) have work arounds like open zoning and have more transfers than any private school I know of.  

I would like to hear about the privates that "can't play by the rules" because I keep hearing about public schools getting in trouble, not private.  

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

give me a break.  public schools in TN (you know who you are) have work arounds like open zoning and have more transfers than any private school I know of.  

I would like to hear about the privates that "can't play by the rules" because I keep hearing about public schools getting in trouble, not private.  

lol,  There are more than a few public schools 1A through 6A that don't need to be casting stones on this thread. 

Imagine coaching a private school with 2 million players to choose from.