Enrollment Numbers

47 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

Hearing Fayetteville is in the 390’s and MC in 280’s

I wonder where the cutoff will be this year?!??

We don't know, or it hasn't been determined, if this is a complete reclassification, where all football playing public schools will be divided equally into the 6 classes or the 20% increase/decrease in enrollment will be the deciding factor. 

10 hours ago, 13sports said:

If you weren't going to reclassify, you probably wouldn't request numbers.  I believe it will be a complete re-classification using same format based on current numbers.

How would the be able to determine a 20% increase or decrease without the numbers?  You can't.  They need the numbers either way.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We don't know, or it hasn't been determined, if this is a complete reclassification, where all football playing public schools will be divided equally into the 6 classes or the 20% increase/decrease in enrollment will be the deciding factor. 

Unless there has been an official vote to change from the current classification method they will go with the norm. There have been proposals but nothing has been voted on at this point that I know of. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, rlh said:

How would the be able to determine a 20% increase or decrease without the numbers?  You can't.  They need the numbers either way.

28 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Unless there has been an official vote to change from the current classification method they will go with the norm. There have been proposals but nothing has been voted on at this point that I know of. 

Voices of reason...rare.

• Upvote 1

The original plan two years ago was to put the six classes in football and four classes in basketball, baseball, and softball on a two-year "experiment" in Division 1. After the two years was up, the plan was to vote to keep the six & four system and to re-draw the districts and regions, go back to the old model, or to try something entirely different. The recent BOC vote decided to keep the six & four system for the next two years. However, the BOC never said anything about the district and regions.

In the past, reclassification was a four year cycle and every two years enrollment numbers was requested to see if there was a 20% increase or decrease. If so, those schools had to move up or down. This time we don't know if there is going to be a redrawing of classes or if its a 20% check.

In my opinion, I think the TSSAA will redraw the classes. TSSAA has gotten many complaints about how the districts were drawn out especially in the four-class part. I could be wrong, who knows to what they are thinking in Hermitage.