Greenback Football 2022

I miss seeing anything from the Greenback friends and posters about what's going on with the program like in the past. They had a great run there for a while then a heavy graduation loss just took a toll just like it will with most smaller schools and the loss of a coach that left for greener pastures didn't help matters either. I do realize from talking to people there on the street I know that most fans don't see eye to eye with the current principal and are counting down the day's he leaves there is the general assumption I'm gathering.  His choice when picking a new coach was that he didn't have Greenback ties is also something most have told me also which has burned a lot of bridges with the fans. People I know well don't even want to talk about the program anymore unless you strap them down and pull it out of them. Hope things turn around this year and we hear about the program more as we approach the new season.

• Like 2

It sounds like they just made a bad hire over there. You can't tell me with the community support and talent in that general area you can pull from Loudon and Blount County that you couldn't get a better coach. Plus, if it is true he got fired from one school for knowingly putting a kid with a concussion back in a game, that ain't a good look for any program. 

That said, they should be decent this year. Maybe better than last year. Right now I have them neck and neck with Oakdale for second in that district. Next year, they might be scary good because they will have a TON of seniors.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I miss seeing anything from the Greenback friends and posters about what's going on with the program like in the past. They had a great run there for a while then a heavy graduation loss just took a toll just like it will with most smaller schools and the loss of a coach that left for greener pastures didn't help matters either. I do realize from talking to people there on the street I know that most fans don't see eye to eye with the current principal and are counting down the day's he leaves there is the general assumption I'm gathering.  His choice when picking a new coach was that he didn't have Greenback ties is also something most have told me also which has burned a lot of bridges with the fans. People I know well don't even want to talk about the program anymore unless you strap them down and pull it out of them. Hope things turn around this year and we hear about the program more as we approach the new season.

Just gotta wait it out and see.Hopefully just didnt give him time to put his stuff in.If we dont improve then....

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 2:05 PM, SmallTownSportsGuy said:

It sounds like they just made a bad hire over there. You can't tell me with the community support and talent in that general area you can pull from Loudon and Blount County that you couldn't get a better coach. Plus, if it is true he got fired from one school for knowingly putting a kid with a concussion back in a game, that ain't a good look for any program. 

That said, they should be decent this year. Maybe better than last year. Right now I have them neck and neck with Oakdale for second in that district. Next year, they might be scary good because they will have a TON of seniors.

From what I was told it was a couple of plays because it was the kids last game. Union County has always been a dumpster fire of Tennessee high School Football and he actually brought some life back into the program there only to be let go over this. The time at Sweetwater was sort of a disappointment but some of these small community schools can also be limited in resources  which wouldn't surprise me there. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ll say it. Their coach was a bad hire for that program. I won’t go into details but look at the way his previous teams conducted themselves. There’s a lotta quit taught by that one. To bad he won’t learn from his own teachings and move on voluntarily. It took years for Greenback to build what they had, he’ll tear it down in a matter of a couple of seasons. He’s got a good start already. Nothing but love for GB 51 weeks a year from me. Y’all deserve better. As for discussion they’re suffering from the same problem we are, everyone likes to talk when you’re on top, the real ones are still around when you’re not. Both our fans need to remember that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crow said:

I’ll say it. Their coach was a bad hire for that program. I won’t go into details but look at the way his previous teams conducted themselves. There’s a lotta quit taught by that one. To bad he won’t learn from his own teachings and move on voluntarily. It took years for Greenback to build what they had, he’ll tear it down in a matter of a couple of seasons. He’s got a good start already. Nothing but love for GB 51 weeks a year from me. Y’all deserve better. As for discussion they’re suffering from the same problem we are, everyone likes to talk when you’re on top, the real ones are still around when you’re not. Both our fans need to remember that. 

Yep recon so.