Haywood Tomcats 2022

Kruger77

8 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Bingo

That's going to hurt us when people moving in with BOC start looking for a place to live.  Tipton County, Arlington, Lakeland, and Fayette County have higher rated schools than Haywood County.

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, stacmot said:

That's going to hurt us when people moving in with BOC start looking for a place to live.  Tipton County, Arlington, Lakeland, and Fayette County have higher rated schools than Haywood County.

If any of them have sons who have a lot of football potential, Tipton Co. has gained another huge advantage with the turf fields and facilities they have installed at Munford, Brighton, and Covington.  We better get our new field house started and finished quick.  At least that would be a start.

Edited by stacmot

35 minutes ago, stacmot said:

If any of them have sons who have a lot of football potential, Tipton Co. has gained another huge advantage with the turf fields and facilities they have installed at Munford, Brighton, and Covington.  We better get our new field house started and finished quick.  At least that would be a start.

Of course improving the discipline and academics in the school system should be the top priority.  The academics would improve if they got the lack of discipline under control, but I best shut up about that. 

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

We have had a very successful booster club in the past, I'm not sure what happened.  We know how it's done, but for some reason it's not getting done.  TBH, I believe the school system as a whole has lost a great deal of community support.

This is sad to read my friend. Haywood has such a long history of winning football it is hard to believe that former players and families have not kept the tradition alive. Community support is vital to the success of the a winning program IMO. It is not not just about the coaches, and the players. I am no where near smart enough to offer suggestion on how to rally the community behind the football team, but I know it would help a ton. Seems to me that if you are going to compete the highest levels of high school football on a consistent basis you have to have all 3. You must have great coaches, kids, and community love / support. The players should be rock stars when they walk the halls. The 1 consistent thing Haywood has always had is the kids. Seems like y'all just bread D1 players over there. We have had 1 since our school was founded... Good luck with it ole friend, I hope y'all can figure it out. 

For those voicing concerns over the lack of a booster club for Haywoods football team that’s wanting to donate/contribute it’s actually pretty simple. Write a check made out to Haywood High School memo to football. Either take it to the front office and give to Jordan Clagg who will give it to Mrs. Karen, or just mail it to the school. If you have any questions you can contact coach Rebstock with any concerns or questions about your contribution.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

For those voicing concerns over the lack of a booster club for Haywoods football team that’s wanting to donate/contribute it’s actually pretty simple. Write a check made out to Haywood High School memo to football. Either take it to the front office and give to Jordan Clagg who will give it to Mrs. Karen, or just mail it to the school. If you have any questions you can contact coach Rebstock with any concerns or questions about your contribution.

That’s true! It is simple, and I have done that in the past.  However, I believe a booster club could raise a lot more money and stimulate more community interest in the program.  The local paper could do a better job of stimulating more interest too.  I’m not knocking Coach T, but it’s sad that a person has to come to Coach T to find out what’s going on with the football team.  I'll just say, it is what it is!

One last statement concerning the subject.  I'm not the one to organize a club, but I will support anyone who does.

Welcome to Coach T.  I hope you will give us more info and opinions about the Tomcats during your time here.

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1