Dead Period Trivia

Red Rebels

8 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not sure id consider 1 win a great success

5 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Howdoitknow doesn't know much, does he?

Howdoknowitall is just jealous when I wouldn't give him a piggy back ride. And to think I went on a trip to help the people of Humphries and Cheatham counties clean up after the flood.

Edited by MarevulBigGal

8 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Howdoitknow doesn't know much, does he?

Maryville is #2 in 6A now.  Oakland, now #1, has proven that they are the better team in recent years.  Coach Creasy is living in the minds of Maryville fans/old timers statewide free of rent.  

I know it hurts Maryville fans to have to acknowledge that Oakland has overtaken them as king of the mountain.  

2021:  Oakland (24-14)

2020:  Oakland (49-7)

2019:  Maryville (12-0)

2018:  Maryville (24-21)*

2018:  Oakland (38-0)

2017:  Oakland (17-14)*

2017:  Maryville (31-28)

2016:  Oakland (23-7)

2015:  Maryville (27–13)

2014:  Maryville (26-14)

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Maryville is #2 in 6A now.  Oakland, now #1, has proven that they are the better team in recent years.  Coach Creasy is living in the minds of Maryville fans/old timers statewide free of rent.  

I know it hurts Maryville fans to have to acknowledge that Oakland has overtaken them as king of the mountain.  

Keyword: In recent years. Oakland was supposed to beat Maryville last year given the all the experience and talent they had. A bunch of that talent and experience will now have to be replaced, along with one of the best DC's in the state becoming a Head Coach. 

Maryville has won at a ridiculously high level for the last 25 years and have done so as a program for all other programs should be modeled after. They haven't been to a title game in 3 years. There may not be a more motivated team this season to get back to the semis and return the favor to Oakland, much like they did in 2019.

Oakland has a difficult road to get there, it won't be as easy as it has been and there will be losses along the way. 

Honest to God, have never understood the hate Maryville gets, other than jealousy. Their fans are as knowledgeable as any. Oakland has whipped them pretty good a couple of times, yet they acknowledge it and congratulate them on a job well done. They're coached well, they played hard and smart, have great support, and a beautiful stadium. I'd kill for Oakland to have the kind of support Maryville gets.

Off my soapbox now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Yep, youdontknowmuch.... but you pretend you do I guess.

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Keyword: In recent years. Oakland was supposed to beat Maryville last year given the all the experience and talent they had. A bunch of that talent and experience will now have to be replaced, along with one of the best DC's in the state becoming a Head Coach. 

Maryville has won at a ridiculously high level for the last 25 years and have done so as a program for all other programs should be modeled after. They haven't been to a title game in 3 years. There may not be a more motivated team this season to get back to the semis and return the favor to Oakland, much like they did in 2019.

Oakland has a difficult road to get there, it won't be as easy as it has been and there will be losses along the way. 

Honest to God, have never understood the hate Maryville gets, other than jealousy. Their fans are as knowledgeable as any. Oakland has whipped them pretty good a couple of times, yet they acknowledge it and congratulate them on a job well done. They're coached well, they played hard and smart, have great support, and a beautiful stadium. I'd kill for Oakland to have the kind of support Maryville gets.

Off my soapbox now.

You know a lot, thank you sir. This group is definitely motivated and hear everything that's said about them. Hopefully this year we can stay healthy and not have any phantom fumbles derail momentum.

12 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Off my soapbox now.

Well said MTF......hdik I know doesn't like Marevul because he has been beating his idol recently and before.

Tee Hee Hee

On 7/1/2022 at 3:06 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Off my soapbox now.

I think the hate that Maryville gets is the same that any perennial winner/contender gets (e.g., Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, Tom Brady, etc). Consistent winners are villainized. I don't think most folks have anything personal against Maryville, it's just that many fans get tired of the same team(s) at the top.

I don't openly root against Maryville (or Alcoa), but I'll admit that I have a soft spot for any team that hands them an L. Maryville hasn't lost a district game since my senior year at Powell, and it will be a huge deal when that streak ends.

Edited by osunut2

I agree osunu2 being from Oak Ridge I've seen the same thing. Everybody wants to beat us , and since we're been down they are getting their chance.  When you're winning them all you're cheating, when you're down you can't get them "recruits" but you're still hated and so it goes. The more things change the more they change!  Long as we beat Clinton on a regular basis I'm good with that!  Gotta let them win every 10 or 15 years so they'll keep playing us! lol

WILDCAT PRIDE