Rebels improve

rebeldevil

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Bosco?

Be very interesting after the dead period who all went where and what's happening. It will also interesting to find out more about where this Eagleton program  is going to be the real deal or not or just a school that will make even more hardships for WB and Heritage. I don't care how far that knocks either one of those two schools down on enrollment they'll always be playing two classes ahead of themselves if you took a bunch of kids from both schools to make an Eagleton.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Well we sent them a good Basketball coach which may be their bread and butter and we ended up with their football coach who maybe wasn't interested in a long time development of a school trying to start a high school football team from scratch especially under Blount County's brutal beer budget.

That's not the reason he came, but we're happy to have him.

6 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

That's not the reason he came, but we're happy to have him.

I know that but there is some big expectations from some of the folks I listen to from the county and to lose their coach during the middle of this football start up is a big blow to some of them. I know a couple of hardcore county fans that truly believe the Eagleton Program is where it's at to keep all the county kids at home and not to cross over to Alcoa even at the expense of what it may do to Heritage and WB. I've heard the numbers are down big time at WB and Alcoa has a smaller roster than it has had in twenty plus years but we'll know more about that in a week or so.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know that but there is some big expectations from some of the folks I listen to from the county and to lose their coach during the middle of this football start up is a big blow to some of them. I know a couple of hardcore county fans that truly believe the Eagleton Program is where it's at to keep all the county kids at home and not to cross over to Alcoa even at the expense of what it may do to Heritage and WB. I've heard the numbers are down big time at WB and Alcoa has a smaller roster than it has had in twenty plus years but we'll know more about that in a week or so.

His move was based more on his better half's promotion to Assistant Principal at JSE. With her taking on more responsibilities and a growing family with 4 kids, it made sense for him to make the move.

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

His move was based more on his better half's promotion to Assistant Principal at JSE. With her taking on more responsibilities and a growing family with 4 kids, it made sense for him to make the move.

That's all great and no one should ever be upset that someone is making a better move for the security of their family. This reminds me of a few years ago when I was at Ollie Keller's house when he was still alive and I ask him why did you up and leave Maryville high after one season as head coach in 1956 and he told me he had four kids and Memphis State came and offered him a couple hundred dollars more than Maryville was paying him and he loaded up the family and moved to Memphis. He said a couple of hundred was quite a few thousand now and with four kids he really had no choice. I always wondered why with him being one of the biggest names to ever play at Maryville up until that time and to get your dream job then move on after one year.