West TN Top Football Programs Historically

55 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I’d love to see the state as far as all time wins. I’m sure haywood would be in the top 3 in wins all time if not #1

Strictly 1a state wide, there's a team with a 90 - 33 playoff record.  They played in a title game every decade there has been a Class A or 1A playoff and have 6 gold and 7 silver balls along with some interesting individual records. They have been in the semi-finals 22 or 23 times.  The Trouserhosers have an interesting record as well but have bounced back and forth from AA to A, to 1a to 2A and even 3a.

https://tssaasports.com/school/?id=467&sportid=1

Edited by rlh
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

He didn't he said "I’d love to see the state as far as all time wins."

DB has been playing since 1921 (75% winning percentage since then too) and had a sign in their football stadium below the score board of "All Time winningest Football Program".  Fun Fact is Maryville beat DB to take over that lead a few years ago at DB

Good stuff. I would have never guessed that. I live under a rock over here on the left end of the state. 

3 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

haha!  im pretty good since it's not personal.  talk smack about lipscomb academy and we will see...   : )

Y'all cheating, stealing, lying, and pulling underhanded shenanigans over there! HAHA J/K. I could not even tell you where the school is. I know that last year y'all had a killer squad that beat the snot out of several really good teams. Hope it keeps up for y'all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I failed to mention west 10 but carry on

Yea you definitely said state not West,TN :lol:.  Don't have a top 5 but from the  National Federation of High School State Associations Record Books #1 in West TN would be Whitehaven with 720 Wins (they are # 6 in the state overall wins)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You make some good points Croppy. Two things. First, we are not twice the size of you. Not even close. In 2020, the last time schools had to report enrollments the Stanks were at 399 and Milan was at 568. Yes we are larger but not even close to twice as big. Second, I agree on the record against Peabody. It speaks for itself. But serious question for you. If you could have your 23-6-1 record against Peabody with 1 gold ball or 4 gold balls, which would you pick???  I think Peabody fans would be happy with the losing record to Huntingdung and keeping the gold balls.  Oh and I have provided a link for enrollments in case you doubted me. 

https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments

Huntingdon is growing. Maybe not twice the enrollment now but in the past it has been. 

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Y'all cheating, stealing, lying, and pulling underhanded shenanigans over there! HAHA J/K. I could not even tell you where the school is. I know that last year y'all had a killer squad that beat the snot out of several really good teams. Hope it keeps up for y'all. 

thanks.  it was a special season.  let's see if they can do it again.  lots of expectations!

On 7/1/2022 at 5:10 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I saw a post by a particular west tn high school football team on Facebook the other day that had a very interesting signature. It said “West TN Premier HS Football Program”. While they are a great team year in and year out I did not agree with that statement mainly cause they have no gold balls in the trophy case. So I want to get some feedback from posters on the top programs in rural west tn outside of Memphis. I think a good criteria should be 1.  Championships 2.  All-Time wins 3.  Recent success 4.  Consistency 5.  Community Support

Im going to list a top 5 and I would love to hear others opinions as well for some good conversation  Remember this is excluding Memphis.  

1. Milan

2.  Peabody

3.  Union City

4.  Henry Co  

5.  Lake Co  

I think a case could be made for any of the top 3 to be #1 especially since they all have 4 gold balls.  I would not argue with anyone that had Peabody or UC at #1.  I just put Milan there because of the 10 trips to the title game.  Henry Co has 2 gold balls and a silver in 5A and that speaks volumes to me.  And Lake Co has 3 titles one being very recent with a dominant team.  What is everyone’s thoughts??

If you leave off the word historically then I can probably agree with your list, but you didn’t so I would put Huntingdon #2 only behind Milan.  Mustangs have had great consistency, great community support and way too many wins to leave out of top 5.  The consistency over the years is the most noble and most impressive.

• Upvote 1