West TN Top Football Programs Historically

On 7/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, ManOfMillions said:

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Milan and SGC with new coaching staffs.... 

We know what you are going to get with Haywood and Crockett. I am having a hard time getting a read on things. We will find out in due time I guess. 

Man I keep forgetting y'all and Milan went to 4A. Was about to ask if either of ya thought you had anything for Covington smh

50 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Man I keep forgetting y'all and Milan went to 4A. Was about to ask if either of ya thought you had anything for Covington smh

Milan is playing up. They are actually 3A. If memory serves me correct they are actually a small 3A school as far as enrollment goes. SGC is second smallest 4A school in the state.... frustrating. The numbers are what the are. When reclassification comes around next year, my guess is we are going to be in the exact same boat. 

59 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Also, If SGC by some miracle was put back into 3A, it would suck because of the travel. There are only a handful of rural 3A teams left in west TN. Covington, DBurg, Bolivar. All are over 1 hour drive away. 

I think being in the bigger classification helps in some ways and hurts in others. 

18 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I'm looking at Centrals schedule

You have them at chance of being 5-1 after looking at their schedule.Wonder who you have them losing to.Im guessing McKenzie.

I was looking at last years schedule and said "can they win that game this year"? Then, I noticed this years schedule. Apparently, they have Lake County in for Camden? I didn't see that. Now, there's a chance they can go 4-2. I wasn't aware that Lake County is in for Camden.

They can beat Gibson County. They did last year in Dyer, and the Pioneers have a first year head coach that was hired in like May. They can beat Camden, the Lions are beatable. They can also beat Crockett and Chester County. North Side struggled in October of last year, so it wouldn't "shocked" me if North Side drops that game in Troy.

I did my analysis based off last years schedule, not this year

Edited by TryNotToSuck

28 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I was looking at last years schedule and said "can they win that game this year"? Then, I noticed this years schedule. Apparently, they have Lake County in for Camden? I didn't see that. Now, there's a chance they can go 4-2. I wasn't aware that Lake County is in for Camden.

They can beat Gibson County. They did last year in Dyer, and the Pioneers have a first year head coach that was hired in like May. They can beat Camden, the Lions are beatable. They can also beat Crockett and Chester County. North Side struggled in October of last year, so it wouldn't "shocked" me if North Side drops that game in Troy.

Northside had a big senior class i think they will struggle this year 

4 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I did my analysis based off last years schedule, not this year

Lol.I was just curious.

Going to combine some historic schools with their modern counterparts to really tie in the history of their general area. 

1. Milan

2. Grove High/Henry County

3. Huntingdon

4. Jackson High/JCM

5. Haywood

6. Byars-Hall/Covington

7. Union City

8. Peabody

9. Dyersburg

10. Martin High/Westview 

23 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Also, If SGC by some miracle was put back into 3A, it would suck because of the travel. There are only a handful of rural 3A teams left in west TN. Covington, DBurg, Bolivar. All are over 1 hour drive away. 

I think being in the bigger classification helps in some ways and hurts in others. 

Unless theres a switch to fewer classes in the future I just don't see SG being in 3A again. Not like medina is getting any smaller 

16 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Going to combine some historic schools with their modern counterparts to really tie in the history of their general area. 

1. Milan

2. Grove High/Henry County

3. Huntingdon

4. Jackson High/JCM

5. Haywood

6. Byars-Hall/Covington

7. Union City

8. Peabody

9. Dyersburg

10. Martin High/Westview 

I like the mention of Jackson High/JCM. It was good to see them back on the football field last year. Def some larger school bias on this list though 

6 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I like the mention of Jackson High/JCM. It was good to see them back on the football field last year. Def some larger school bias on this list though 

In a few years SG  will be solely in 4A. I expect by the time Blue oval is finish Haywood will be 5 or 6A

8 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Are Milan and Huntingdon considered large schools? Or JCM and Haywood for that matter? I've always considered them smaller to mid-sized. 

I definitely have some bias favoring Henry County though. No argument there. We actually have a losing record against several schools on this list, including a whopping 0-15 against Milan. Not much better against JCM. And Huntingdon and Haywood have historically had our number as well. We've just had a really, really good last 15 years or so. We had some good teams sprinkled throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's, but HCHS was not the consistent contender it is now until around 2005. 

But combining our recent success with that of the old Paris Grove High School? I had to put us pretty high up there. 

17 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Are Milan and Huntingdon considered large schools? Or JCM and Haywood for that matter? I've always considered them smaller to mid-sized. 

I definitely have some bias favoring Henry County though. No argument there. We actually have a losing record against several schools on this list, including a whopping 0-15 against Milan. Not much better against JCM. And Huntingdon and Haywood have historically had our number as well. We've just had a really, really good last 15 years or so. We had some good teams sprinkled throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's, but HCHS was not the consistent contender it is now until around 2005. 

But combining our recent success with that of the old Paris Grove High School? I had to put us pretty high up there. 

Huntingdon has 399 and is the 12th smallest 2a school in the state.

Milan has 568. They would be the 8th smallest 3a team but play up in 4a to avoid playing Alcoa in the championship game. So I guess a chance at limping into the playoffs in 4a is better for them than a chance of getting beat in the championship in 3a

Henry Co has 1322

Edited by Waker