Pre season 2A favorites

horse

4 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

I’ll go with the usual suspects. Meigs Marion and Tyner being the top 3 in the east. I’ll ask around and check back with a update soon

From the East I'd probably put them in this order.

Tyner

Trousdale

Meigs

Watertown

Marion

Hampton

Just an uneducated guess for sure but from what I've been told and from what I've read this is probably what it will look like out of the gate. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

From the East I'd probably put them in this order.

Tyner

Trousdale

Meigs

Watertown

Marion

Hampton

Just an uneducated guess for sure but from what I've been told and from what I've read this is probably what it will look like out of the gate. 

Word around this part of town is TC will be down this year, and Watertown won't be up like usual either.... Obviously, that has to be proven on the field but that's the word!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

Word around this part of town is TC will be down this year, and Watertown won't be up like usual either.... Obviously, that has to be proven on the field but that's the word!  

You probably aren't wrong but TC has a great ability to get the most out of every kid on the roster. I believe Meigs does the same but this year with all we had graduate from last years team we will have alot of inexperience in most every position. We will probably not be great early at best guess but we definitely have good talent to work with. This year we will have true running backs at the rb position and a tremendous athlete at qb who opted not to play last year that we weren't expecting to play.  We will have a good year most likely, but a deep playoff push would be a doable but large feat. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Good picks. And good to see you on the boards. 

Great to be on bud. Had alot going on with work and hopefully have it sorted out. Have the shift I wanted now and the job I wanted too. Been a busy year for sure. 

I believe TC will be down this year. Lost a lot of good seniors and don’t seem to have the talent in the lower classes to replace them. Unless there are some transfers I haven’t heard about. Still have a few good players from last year but they need some more to be a well rounded team.  

in the east, Meigs and Hampton also lost a lot of good players. And Marion and Watertown will need to replace their Qbs, both of whom seemed to make their offenses click.  The team with the most returning talent in the east is Tyner.  Could this be their year?

dont know as much about the west. Some think Huntington will be good. And I think westview will still be strong even after losing Simpson.  They had some good athletes and size and are one of the largest 2A schools having just dropped down from 3A.  

11 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

I believe TC will be down this year. Lost a lot of good seniors and don’t seem to have the talent in the lower classes to replace them. Unless there are some transfers I haven’t heard about. Still have a few good players from last year but they need some more to be a well rounded team.  

in the east, Meigs and Hampton also lost a lot of good players. And Marion and Watertown will need to replace their Qbs, both of whom seemed to make their offenses click.  The team with the most returning talent in the east is Tyner.  Could this be their year?

dont know as much about the west. Some think Huntington will be good. And I think westview will still be strong even after losing Simpson.  They had some good athletes and size and are one of the largest 2A schools having just dropped down from 3A.  

Westview should be the team to beat in region 7. The Chargers have an outstanding linebacker returning plus young Simpson beginning his high school career. He's the best middle school quarterback I've seen, even better than Dresser Winn who was great. Keeping my fingers crossed that a major college will hire coach Simpson!

16 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Westmoreland is returning nearly all 11. In my opinion, which isn't worth much, only 2 of the few last years seniors are going to be hard to replace, and one of those is the punter. I think we have the talent to be very good, I worry about the mental part of the game though, there is a curse up on the hill with a loosing mentality, hopefully they break that this year!  

17 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Huntingdon lost their whole offense basically. Only center and qb are the only returning starters. The line will be a big question mark this year along with no speed in the backfield. Defense has several starters returning probably be the strength of this years team. 

3 minutes ago, horse said:

Huntingdon lost their whole offense basically. Only center and qb are the only returning starters. The line will be a big question mark this year along with no speed in the backfield. Defense has several starters returning probably be the strength of this years team. 

Hearing the Mustangs have a running back that transferred back to Huntingdon that played middle school here. Heard he was pretty good. Both Eubanks and young Warbritton have good speed in the backfield. When Warbritton gets strong enough to break arm tackles he's going to be really special.