Pre season 2A favorites

horse

31 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

Is there another Brother for Simpson that I am missing? The small Simpson boy from Westview played last year for the 6th grade Youth football League. He showed out in the tournament that Huntingdon hosted. He would only be in 7th Grade this coming season. 

Ok yeah I'm glad you said that I coulda swore I read an article about him getting offered to Oregon as a 6th grader. Time flies but jeez. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

South Greene was pretty good last year, what do you guys think about the Rebels in 2022?

Don't know alot about them. Only know they will have to play with out Luke Meyers I believe his name was. I expect them and Hampton to Duke it out like usual for first In the region. 

2 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Westmoreland is returning nearly all 11. In my opinion, which isn't worth much, only 2 of the few last years seniors are going to be hard to replace, and one of those is the punter. I think we have the talent to be very good, I worry about the mental part of the game though, there is a curse up on the hill with a loosing mentality, hopefully they break that this year!  

offensive production will be the ? for westy

1 hour ago, MustangGuru said:

Is there another Brother for Simpson that I am missing? The small Simpson boy from Westview played last year for the 6th grade Youth football League. He showed out in the tournament that Huntingdon hosted. He would only be in 7th Grade this coming season. 

You are correct, he will just be a 7th grader. 
I think Westview, Huntingdon, union city and riverside will be the favorites in the west.  

4 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Westmoreland is returning nearly all 11. In my opinion, which isn't worth much, only 2 of the few last years seniors are going to be hard to replace, and one of those is the punter. I think we have the talent to be very good, I worry about the mental part of the game though, there is a curse up on the hill with a loosing mentality, hopefully they break that this year!  

Region 4 should be interesting with westmoreland and maybe even ER better than usual and closer to the level of Trousdale and Watertown than in the last few years.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Yeti said:

From the East I'd probably put them in this order.

Tyner

Trousdale

Meigs

Watertown

Marion

Hampton

Just an uneducated guess for sure but from what I've been told and from what I've read this is probably what it will look like out of the gate. 

Yeah, we don't deserve to be in the top 10 of 2A. TC has too many questions to be ranked in top 3 of 2A. All I know is that we have a good QB and RB qns lineman that returns this year.  

9 hours ago, MustangGuru said:

You're right he will be a 7th grader this year. I don't know what I was thinking. Heck I saw the kid play 3 times last year. Throws the deep ball better than most.high school.quarterbacks right now. 5 star talent

15 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Region 4 should be interesting with westmoreland and maybe even ER better than usual and closer to the level of Trousdale and Watertown than in the last few years.  

Very tough region to pick this year, I think the top 4 will be the top 4 but the order is a huge ?

13 hours ago, 3rdandLong said:

Sounds like Westmoreland is the favorite in the region. 

Definitely possible, their history with lack of offense makes it very difficult to pick them though 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 3rdandLong said:

Sounds like Westmoreland is the favorite in the region. 

We should be... just hard to say that when they haven't proved they can finish a game.... This is one of the more athletic classes and I feel like they can be very successful this year but it comes down to them doing it. All that returner this, should be, could be doesn't matter if you don't execute on Friday! With that being said this year has the potential to look a lot different as far as region 4 goes! 

31 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

We should be... just hard to say that when they haven't proved they can finish a game.... This is one of the more athletic classes and I feel like they can be very successful this year but it comes down to them doing it. All that returner this, should be, could be doesn't matter if you don't execute on Friday! With that being said this year has the potential to look a lot different as far as region 4 goes! 

Only thing that will change is that y’all will know where to eat in Jasper come week 1 of the playoffs this year.

• Like 1