Columbia Lions Assistant Coaches

Paleghost44

Does anyone knows what happened to the 2 new Assistant Coaches that Columbia hired just 3 months ago and another one left or quit the program. One gave up a head coaching job at another school and the other was an assistant at the same school to go to Columbia and both has jump ship to other programs.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Paleghost44 said:

Does anyone knows what happened to the 2 new Assistant Coaches that Columbia hired just 3 months ago and another one left or quit the program. One gave up a head coaching job at another school and the other was an assistant at the same school to go to Columbia and both has jump ship to other programs.

IMO, Columbia Central has major issues within their athletic department!  My guess is that way too many hires are made because of the “Good Ole Boy System” and not based on true wins and losses. With the way that Maury County is growing there is absolutely no reason that Columbia Central is not challenging for a state championship in every sport.  When coaches show up and are only at a school for two or three months and totally abandon ship you have major internal problems.  

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

They just hired a new principal at Central. He has been known to be "abrasive" to put it mildly. He has also been known to want to coach for you. Hmmmmm.

Again this sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen.  I have a difficult time believing that the residents of Maury County are allowing the athletic program to be in disarray 

Edited by cbg

21 hours ago, cbg said:

IMO, Columbia Central has major issues within their athletic department!  My guess is that way too many hires are made because of the “Good Ole Boy System” and not based on true wins and losses. With the way that Maury County is growing there is absolutely no reason that Columbia Central is not challenging for a state championship in every sport.  When coaches show up and are only at a school for two or three months and totally abandon ship you have major internal problems.  

Very true. The Williamson County growth has seeped into Maury County. The Maury side of Spring Hill and Columbia are both booming. Columbia Central has already proven they can win, having won a state title back in 2010. Very surprising they aren't more consistent.  

1 hour ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

The fact that they hired Bobby Sharp has to mean something. There aren't many coaches still active that are as respected as he is. He's been doing this a long time and knows a lot of football. I'm sure he's slowly getting things going in the right direction. Maybe the assistants just didn't work out for any number of reasons.

I have heard he is having a really hard time with the kids and administration there. It's a dumpster fire, and I will be surprised if he is there after this year.   

3 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

I have heard he is having a really hard time with the kids and administration there. It's a dumpster fire, and I will be surprised if he is there after this year.   

Unless a team is extremely lucky,  it truly takes a village (school board, administrators, faculty and parents) to consistently play for a state championship in any sport

On 7/20/2022 at 11:45 AM, SurfingPatriot786 said:

The fact that they hired Bobby Sharp has to mean something. There aren't many coaches still active that are as respected as he is. He's been doing this a long time and knows a lot of football. I'm sure he's slowly getting things going in the right direction. Maybe the assistants just didn't work out for any number of reasons.

I really think the Lions should have kept John Moore as their head coach.