5A/6A Scrimmages

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You’ll have to let me know how that MJ scrimmage plays out. 

Hendersonville 

Fri 7-29 Mt Juliet at home

Fri  8-5 Blackman at Blackman

Fri. 8-12.  Macon Co. jamboree

Due to the heat may start later than 6pm. Heard MJ has a transfer RB from MBA.  Add him to Throneberry, Daniyan, Bussell, and Crisp .  Should be a top 5 in the state team. Be interesting to see if they leave Throneberry at QB or start the sophomore. Throneberry is an elite athlete who has played QB, WR, and RB.  

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Due to the heat may start later than 6pm. Heard MJ has a transfer RB from MBA.  Add him to Throneberry, Daniyan, Bussell, and Crisp .  Should be a top 5 in the state team. Be interesting to see if they leave Throneberry at QB or start the sophomore. Throneberry is an elite athlete who has played QB, WR, and RB.  

I dont know much about mount juliet but I have not heard them in conversations about being ranked in the top 5 in the state.  what would your top 10 look like?

Mt Juliet returns their best 5 or 6 players. Throneberry missed most of the season last year with a collarbone injury. He is a difference maker.  Started 5 games at QB as a freshman. I expect it to be Henry County and them from the West.  Other than Gallatin their non region schedule is soft. I will see them next Friday when they scrimmage Hendersonville. 

Mt Juliet returns their best 5 or 6 players. Throneberry missed most of the season last year with a collarbone injury. He is a difference maker.  Started 5 games at QB as a freshman. I expect it to be Henry County and them from the West.  Other than Gallatin their non region schedule is soft. I will see them next Friday when they scrimmage Hendersonville. 

Forgot they play Lebanon .  Lebanon is really good.

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Hendersonville 

Fri 7-29 Mt Juliet at home

Fri  8-5 Blackman at Blackman

Fri. 8-12.  Macon Co. jamboree

Wow I have to agree there, all they needed in my opinion was an elite RB as the icing on the cake. If this were true… 5a better watch out.

When was this transfer complete?

they’re probably smart to just leave Throneberry at QB, his ability to fool defenses with pass or run is where he’s best. We also saw how the two QB system can fail MISERABLY the last few seasons at MJ. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

12 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Forgot they play Lebanon .  Lebanon is really good.

Deairrus Morton, I just looked up some film on him. Looks like he has film from 2021 scrimmages with MJ not sure how the transfer situation works in high school. Curious to why he wouldn’t have been on varsity last season. He looks pretty good from the limited film I just watched. Big frame.