5A/6A Scrimmages

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

I dont know much about mount juliet but I have not heard them in conversations about being ranked in the top 5 in the state.  what would your top 10 look like?

MJ has never been short on talent (at least not since the Perry's took over). They SHOULD be one of the top teams in 5A, but they're gonna have to prove it and not fall apart down the stretch. If they play up to their potential, their game against against Green Hill will be a good one

5A is such a wild card every year. Hard to come up with a top 10

Henry County has: 

Christian Brothers 7/29

MBA 8/5

Haywood Co in the Jamboree 8/12

Between their scrimmages and opening up with Summit, Beech, Brentwood in 3 of their first 4 games.. you’d be hard pressed to find a tougher 6 game stretch than the Patriots have.

On 7/20/2022 at 10:47 AM, YoungBuck said:

West beats Powell this year. Better coached 

Same coaches as last year. Tell me how that one turned out. And Powell won't miss a beat offensively with Matt as the head coach. Don't care who had or has the OC title, Matt is as good of an OC as there is on this side of, of not the entire, state.  It's his team. 

I really like West's coaching staff, but I think even they would tell you that it's more about the athletes than it is the coaching. Both staffs have good schemes and put their kids in positions to make plays.