5A/6A Scrimmages

28 minutes ago, HTV said:

Same coaches as last year. Tell me how that one turned out. And Powell won't miss a beat offensively with Matt as the head coach. Don't care who had or has the OC title, Matt is as good of an OC as there is on this side of, of not the entire, state.  It's his team. 

I really like West's coaching staff, but I think even they would tell you that it's more about the athletes than it is the coaching. Both staffs have good schemes and put their kids in positions to make plays. 

I'd beg to differ in the sense that I do not believe the West coaches believe Powell has better athletes then them. In fact, Powell in many preseason competitions have proven to not be the same team.  Powell coaches DO NOT have the respect of their players, I've seen this with my own eyes.  Coaching is more than the scheme that is built on Sundays.  West coaches are putting their kids in better positions as young adults and the play translates on the field. 

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

I'd beg to differ in the sense that I do not believe the West coaches believe Powell has better athletes then them. In fact, Powell in many preseason competitions have proven to not be the same team.  Powell coaches DO NOT have the respect of their players, I've seen this with my own eyes.  Coaching is more than the scheme that is built on Sundays.  West coaches are putting their kids in better positions as young adults and the play translates on the field. 

:popcorneater:

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

Whatever you say. 

Haven't seen them myself, but apparently Powell has done pretty well in 7 on 7 from what my coaching friends (not Powell coaches) tell me. 

But it really doesn't matter until the pads go on and the scoreboard lights up on game night. 

Anderson County Makes the Bus ride to Kingsport DB August 5 for a scrimmage.  It was a hard hitting physical affair last fall, and should be again.  Anderson County's skill players were just too much for DB last time they met at AC.  I will be looking forward to watching this one, as me and a few guys will make the trip up to see what the 2022 Mavericks look like.  

12 hours ago, olhickory said:

Anderson County Makes the Bus ride to Kingsport DB August 5 for a scrimmage.  It was a hard hitting physical affair last fall, and should be again.  Anderson County's skill players were just too much for DB last time they met at AC.  I will be looking forward to watching this one, as me and a few guys will make the trip up to see what the 2022 Mavericks look like.  

I heard GT is no longer coaching on staff.  I think this is something that may give DB and teams throughout the year an advantage over AC.  Chris Thacker calling plays > Davy calling them...

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Indian said:

Rhea County at Sequatchie 7/29 

I'm hearing a Rhea County / White County scrimmage on 8/2/22

and a Rhea County at Giles County scrimmage on 8/10/22

Kind of anxious to see how Rhea's O line looks... If they are as good as when I saw them in Middle school, we'll be better than the 6-4 predicted (in the prognostications). All skill positions are back.

Really unsure about the Defense.  We usually have a strong linebacker corps... We'll see.

8 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

I heard GT is no longer coaching on staff.  I think this is something that may give DB and teams throughout the year an advantage over AC.  Chris Thacker calling plays > Davy calling them...

Fake News, friend.,  I have been by the 7v7s and practices.  GT is there and is a live wire as usual. He brought back his old friend and Maverick favorite, Tony Lambert and the party seems to be on in Maverickland.  Stop by next Friday and watch the Mavs host Stone Memorial , and I am sure you will see Coach GT or hear him on the field.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, YoungBuck said:

LOL.....Powell Players LOVE Coach Lowe and staff......The players and staff are very close!  Maybe you were watching the middle school team play or something?  

p.s. I think I would know.....wink, wink

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

LOL.....Powell Players LOVE Coach Lowe and staff......The players and staff are very close!  Maybe you were watching the middle school team play or something?  

p.s. I think I would know.....wink, wink

Yeah you are right, I may have been. I mean Gipson was out there so it may have been the middle school. Just funny how desperate some coaches looked for Powell trying to get their “star” athletes to even run off the field. Guys on that team are more worried about the next level and NIL deals. Greene is the exception IMO. Kid loves to compete and is probably the heart and soul of the senior class. It sure ain’t number 8