Eagleton

1 hour ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

Talked to my people, ECCA will be 2A in football, 1A in all other sports. 
SESI is like a home skoo. 
They have in person classes one day a week, but Alcoee apparently has a problem with the CoOp with Eagleton. 
Stay tuned on this one. 
Alcoee is big mad. 

I was thinking about this yesterday after I seen you posted they were co-opping curious how Alcoa was going to react.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Kings Academy 

I see. Harder to judge on the JV side since a lot of smaller schools will have some sophomores and freshmen who play varsity. But even if they don't make a big splash next year the following could be big. People don't really think about how valuable it is to not graduate any players for a few years. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I see. Harder to judge on the JV side since a lot of smaller schools will have some sophomores and freshmen who play varsity. But even if they don't make a big splash next year the following could be big. People don't really think about how valuable it is to not graduate any players for a few years. 

They will be a Semi final team in 2 years.When they get to State it will be hard to keep them away.The talent they are getting is crazy.Like a little Alcoa.Watch their hudl the QB is the little brother of the Maryville starting QB and the Freshman is a WHOLE lot better than brother!They are just real young as you stated playing together from the start is a huge deal.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:24 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

I talked to a few folks in Blount County this weekend and The Kings loss was actually against the varsity.Kings has no JV and a reputable source says it was in fact The varsity team.36-28.Not that it makes a hill of beans to most but Kings did beat a team that will probably make a round or two this year.This team will be a handful out of the gate!

Edited by orngnblk

I watched the brand of football that 2A has to offer a few years ago when I had a nephew play for GCA. For the most part most of their loses came from either higher up classes or private schools but they did very well against the run of the mill 2A schools until the second round of the playoff's. I see this Eagleton School doing well in 2A if their getting good players and have a 50 man plus roster with a JV team already and pretty much laying it on other teams. If The Kings Academy which is their only loss to an actual high school team were in 2 A I can tell anyone on here they most likely would be a 6-2 or 7-1 school but their in the private schools playing tougher schools. They only have 24 players so I knew that wasn't a JV team Eagleton was playing but take for fact that score was 36-28 some of you can get the picture of what is coming. Kings Academy beat Meigs County earlier 34-24. They had ran the score on their schedule on Coach T as it were a win but taken off this week because Eagleton isn't officially a high school team yet. This team is also getting kids that normally go on to Alcoa and got some folks over there pretty upset right now. I said that would happen a year ago and it's just as I thought. This Eagleton School was not some accident but planned this way to win at football and other sports as well like Blount County did before they put all those schools together. You don't go building new football fields where one was already there with a track and fake grass with a new stadium and locker rooms while the two schools you have still don't have those amenities unless you had something in mind.