2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

Practice has started...play days are happening...the season is around a month from starting...Final Four from last year: Loretto, Summertown, Eagleville, South Greene. Lots of teams in single A with big graduations in 2021. Who are the teams to beat this year??? Does South Greene have enough to repeat? They had a very impressive run in the tourney...

All 4 finalist will be tough but Summertown /Loretto lost key players -  Summertown played Eagleville in play day they’re tournament ready but lack little height - played Sale Creek also has  probably best player in 1A but rest of team average at best but unlike past years not one dominant team I know of as of yet 

Yeah lots of single A teams lost a lot. Several good teams from last year besides the ones you mentioned all lost 4+ players…. Hickman Co, Harpeth, Jo Byrns, Camden (and they lost their coach). I think a lot of the same team names are gonna be popping up again this year, but it’s gonna come down to coaching and which squads can step up to the table to take what is available! 

I feel certain Summertown had to have won all their games. Harpeth won all theirs with the exception of Summertown. You got us.  We were missing senior starting middle and best outside had to move to middle, so may have been different otherwise. Who knows! I will say this STown did lose a lot compared to last few years, but still a fundamentally sound team that didn’t make a lot of mistakes and your middle is good. Perhaps we meet up down the road. I hope so!

Edited by Rockstar89

27 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

I feel certain Summertown had to have won all their games. Harpeth won all theirs with the exception of Summertown. You got us.  We were missing senior starting middle and best outside had to move to middle, so may have been different otherwise. Who knows! I will say this STown did lose a lot compared to last few years, but still a fundamentally sound team that didn’t make a lot of mistakes and your middle is good. Perhaps we meet up down the road. I hope so!

Thanks / from what I heard not the quality teams ( except y’all ) that were at Eagleville. But lot of teams will be in mix for sure