2022 Giles County Bobcats Thread

wneely

Starting this thread. Bobcats should have another strong team.

They lost some All-State talent, but have some up-and-coming All-State talent waiting in the wings.

Especially excited to see X Randolph take the reins as full-time running back after being a tremendous spell back for Chaye McElroy a year ago.

Kamauri Turner is a top-level playmaker, whatever position you line him up at.

And this could be a breakout year for Amare Smith — son of GCHS legend Tyler Smith — who anchored one side of the line last year.

Schedule will be challenging, as usual. Lincoln County, Nolensville, Franklin County, Page, Columbia, and Cleveland is quite the non-conference slate. Region schedule should see GCHS favored in every game, but these teams have also now had a full year to see and assess the talent that GCHS has, so games could presumably be a lot closer.

3 hours ago, wneely said:

Starting this thread. Bobcats should have another strong team.

They lost some All-State talent, but have some up-and-coming All-State talent waiting in the wings.

Especially excited to see X Randolph take the reins as full-time running back after being a tremendous spell back for Chaye McElroy a year ago.

Kamauri Turner is a top-level playmaker, whatever position you line him up at.

And this could be a breakout year for Amare Smith — son of GCHS legend Tyler Smith — who anchored one side of the line last year.

Schedule will be challenging, as usual. Lincoln County, Nolensville, Franklin County, Page, Columbia, and Cleveland is quite the non-conference slate. Region schedule should see GCHS favored in every game, but these teams have also now had a full year to see and assess the talent that GCHS has, so games could presumably be a lot closer.

Last year you guys did play Page, correct?  How do you see that game going this year??

I hope Giles Co. gets to the semifinals in 3A this year and gets to host Alcoa down at The Brickyard.  Now that they’ve played Alcoa once I wonder how they would try to play them if given another shot at them.  David O’Connor and his staff always do a great job of scheming and I would be shocked if they got manhandled by Alcoa the way that they did last year if they happen to meet up on Thanksgiving in Pulaski.  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Last year you guys did play Page, correct?  How do you see that game going this year??

Page game was never played due to COVID.

Really wish they had been able to get it on. Nolensville was one of the best regular-season games I have ever had the pleasure of broadcasting. Page would have been just as electric with both teams undefeated at the time.

35 minutes ago, wneely said:

Page game was never played due to COVID.

Really wish they had been able to get it on. Nolensville was one of the best regular-season games I have ever had the pleasure of broadcasting. Page would have been just as electric with both teams undefeated at the time.

I would have loved to see that one happen. 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, howdoitknow said:

I hope Giles Co. gets to the semifinals in 3A this year and gets to host Alcoa down at The Brickyard.  Now that they’ve played Alcoa once I wonder how they would try to play them if given another shot at them.  David O’Connor and his staff always do a great job of scheming and I would be shocked if they got manhandled by Alcoa the way that they did last year if they happen to meet up on Thanksgiving in Pulaski.  

Gotta be able to hold that line vs Alcoa and pass in certain situations. Alcoa is a tough task. Giles has some players ready to go for sure, wanting to see how the offense looks with a taller qb behind center that can throw a good bomb.

GONNA BE AN INTERESTING SEASON FOR THE BOBCAT

As always, it's gonna be an interesting season for the Bobcats.  They Scrimage Friday, and this is gonna give us Our first real look at What the Bobcats are gonna bring to the table.  They also have a scrimage against Tullahoma, whom is Ranked highly, in the Sonny Moore Power Rankings.  With the Bobcats, only coming in at 70.

From Sonny Moore Power Rankings, to other State Football Ranking Predictions, it appears the Bobcats are Down this year.  Or, rebuilding.  Though, we'll see how that turns out.  Cause we all know: "The Mouth can be Fit to Say Anything!"  Just as these Ranking Systems can predict, anything.

Sure, they lost some good players, but they have some great player's returning.  Can't wait to see how the season turns out, and really would like to see Aloca Come to the BrickYard, this year.  Maybe we will show them about as much respect, as they showed us.  

1 hour ago, aintskeered said:

GONNA BE AN INTERESTING SEASON FOR THE BOBCAT

As always, it's gonna be an interesting season for the Bobcats.  They Scrimage Friday, and this is gonna give us Our first real look at What the Bobcats are gonna bring to the table.  They also have a scrimage against Tullahoma, whom is Ranked highly, in the Sonny Moore Power Rankings.  With the Bobcats, only coming in at 70.

From Sonny Moore Power Rankings, to other State Football Ranking Predictions, it appears the Bobcats are Down this year.  Or, rebuilding.  Though, we'll see how that turns out.  Cause we all know: "The Mouth can be Fit to Say Anything!"  Just as these Ranking Systems can predict, anything.

Sure, they lost some good players, but they have some great player's returning.  Can't wait to see how the season turns out, and really would like to see Aloca Come to the BrickYard, this year.  Maybe we will show them about as much respect, as they showed us.  

Wish you guys nothing but the best on your upcoming season.  Just curious, did Alcoa do something disrespectful last year in the playoff game?

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wish you guys nothing but the best on your upcoming season.  Just curious, did Alcoa do something disrespectful last year in the playoff game?

Guess I need to watch how I word something.  They beat us, and it still hasn't set well.  But, not gonna be a sore loser about it.  I just The Bobcats get a Chance at them, at Home, this year.

1 minute ago, aintskeered said:

Guess I need to watch how I word something.  They beat us, and it still hasn't set well.  But, not gonna be a sore loser about it.  I just The Bobcats get a Chance at them, at Home, this year.

Giles is hurting this year.  And will be lucky to make it out of the First Round, let alone, Play Alcoa.  Wake-up!  Giles is gonna struggle this year.  Let see How they do when they Don't Have any Talent.