2022 Giles County Bobcats Thread

wneely

Two Quick Things:

-Lincoln County is MUCH improved from last season, but they still have a very tough schedule and region. Wishing Coach Cunningham and that squad all the best.

-Giles County has the makings of another strong team, but they will have to play MUCH better on both sides of the ball if they are to beat Nolensville on the road. Too many penalties last week and it nearly cost them.

BONUS: I enjoyed listening to wneely and his broadcast partner Mr. Bledsoe on their first broadcast with Pulaski Citizen Live. I have always enjoyed listening them on local radio all those years, but it's truly hard to even follow along with the action with the new WKSR announcers.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:21 PM, RichyRich said:

Yeah those travel times have to suck the energy out of players and fans alike somewhat.  Makes it impossible for fans to go to away games couldn't imagine going from Giles to Grundy just for a game

Giles to Grundy distance isn't all that bad - less than 100 miles (school to school), about an hour and 45 minutes.  Less than 30 miles past Franklin County, where Giles plays this year.  Isn't ideal, but not a crazy drive, imo.  Barely over half as far as Cleveland, where GC plays late this year.

Edited by PullinGuard

6 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

Giles to Grundy distance isn't all that bad - less than 100 miles (school to school), about an hour and 45 minutes.  Less than 30 miles past Franklin County, where Giles plays this year.  Isn't ideal, but not a crazy drive, imo.  Barely over half as far as Cleveland, where GC plays late this year.

I knew they play Cleveland. My little sister is a junior at Cleveland, but I was just mentioning region play, kine feels like 1 45 mins is bs for district in my opinion dont know why TSSAA  sent yall that way. I'm neutral party on that aspect just feel like that travel is unfavorable  for everyone involved. Only Pro I see Is maybe some people getting to see and experience new places they may have not went before.

• 2 weeks later...