South Pittsburg declines Marion

I heard today that South Pittsburg declined Marion County's invitation to renew the State's oldest rivalry starting in 2023. Most people know that South Pittsburg's former head coach Chris Jones cancelled the rivalry and then resigned after only a couple of games.  Both the new coaches know what this rivalry means and all the credit goes to the MC staff for trying to renew this great rivalry.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, MarionCo1182 said:

I heard today that South Pittsburg declined Marion County's invitation to renew the State's oldest rivalry starting in 2023. Most people know that South Pittsburg's former head coach Chris Jones cancelled the rivalry and then resigned after only a couple of games.  Both the new coaches know what this rivalry means and all the credit goes to the MC staff for trying to renew this great rivalry.  

My guess is that Marion County has a much larger enrollment than S.P.  I suggest that M.C. call up Murfreesboro Riverdale to start a rivalry with them.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MarionCo1182 said:

Any proof besides hearsay?

26 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

My guess is that Marion County has a much larger enrollment than S.P.  I suggest that M.C. call up Murfreesboro Riverdale to start a rivalry with them.

I believe SP has 300+ kids and Jasper has 500+. So that's too big of a gap? Riverdale has 2,000+.

You's ain't real smart.

I ain't jokin either 

With the bad blood between these teams it is best that the rivalry take a break.

I won’t go into it here but for you late to the game, look up the news story’s from November 1, 2013. 

I have a ESPN video story about what happened but will not post it here due to embarrassing MC..

I say let’s start anew by ending this rivalry for good. It’s not good for the players or fans. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, pegleg said:

With the bad blood between these teams it is best that the rivalry take a break.

I won’t go into it here but for you late to the game, look up the news story’s from November 1, 2013. 

I have a ESPN video story about what happened but will not post it here due to embarrassing MC..

I say let’s start anew by ending this rivalry for good. It’s not good for the players or fans. 

First it’s not hearsay, it’s 100% true. Second, this is a terrible excuse. We have heard this before and the kids done great. I’ve seen two teams that hated each other, I have seen two teams that showed more class then the parents off the field. If you want to get into embarrassing stories, then go ahead because Pittsburg stories are just as embarrassing. 

Edited by MarionCo1182
  • Like 1