South Pittsburg declines Marion

On 8/27/2022 at 12:08 AM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I just don’t understand why they decided to play teams like CCS and Oakland who aren’t going to travel as well.  I was just looking at it from a realist perspective, I guess that the mutual hate is enough to build up or destroy a good rivalry. 

Teams improve more playing over their heads than playing powder puffs.Jasper should improve greatly after having 50 scored on them.Naw! They are Jasper so probably not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 12:06 PM, MarionCo1182 said:

I heard today that South Pittsburg declined Marion County's invitation to renew the State's oldest rivalry starting in 2023….. 

I always see Marion County - South Pittsburg claim to be the state’s oldest rivalry. 

However, Rockwood and Harriman started playing in 1921 & played continually since 1924.  According to a few articles, SP-MC started in 1924, but obviously the series is no longer continuous  

Also, I see Baylor - McCallie played in 1905, so neither SP/MC or RHS/HHS can claim to be the actual oldest.  Several other schools played games before 1924. 

I guess the question, now that MC/SP haven’t played annually since 1924 like Harriman and Rockwood have, and other schools played each other before 1924, where does MC/SP’s claim to be the state’s oldest rivalry come from now?  Not trying to be combative; I am genuinely curious.

4 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Don't look at the enrollment numbers So Pitt turned in. I believe it's over 300 :roflol:

You think I'm jokin but I'm not 

303.  Still 1a.  However, you posted numbers over a month ago that included 7 - 12 and before Sep 20, 2022 numbers were turned in.  So what is your point other than your reading comprehension of a calendar is on par with a 2nd grader at Jasper Elementary? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rlh said:

303.  Still 1a.  However, you posted numbers over a month ago that included 7 - 12 and before Sep 20, 2022 numbers were turned in.  So what is your point other than your reading comprehension of a calendar is on par with a 2nd grader at Jasper Elementary? 

300+.

Reading and arithmetic are hard for some I know.

10 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

300+.

Reading and arithmetic are hard for some I know.

Your earlier post prior to Sep 20 enrollment numbers included 7 - 12.  Quit trying to deflect JasperCoy.  All of you Jasperites complain about beating a deadhorse but it is always you Gomers that come in riding zombie horses by starting threads like this and keeping them around.  Lastly, Jasper is at about 494 and Whitwell is at about 350. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rlh said:

Your earlier post prior to Sep 20 enrollment numbers included 7 - 12.  Quit trying to deflect JasperCoy.  All of you Jasperites complain about beating a deadhorse but it is always you Gomers that come in riding zombie horses by starting threads like this and keeping them around.  Lastly, Jasper is at about 494 and Whitwell is at about 350. 

I don't know anything about zombie horses. I do know math though. 

300+