Blackman vs BGA

arshad221

Battle Ground Academy lost some players but still have some good athletes to throw at you.

liked what I saw out of Blackman, kept it vanilla on both sides of the ball, run game looked a tad different. Offense was without page or brown but still did damage. I think the oline gets better with more reps/timing same with the defense line and linebackers. 32 @ linebacker might be a sleeper also with two interceptions today! Hard to play a defense with backers that can cover passes. Would like to see a little more from the pass rush. Tygard has got some tricks up his sleeves this season. 

Edited by arshad221

There was nothing too flashy, like you said. I do feel like they did a better job of defending the run, which killed us last year. It seemed like the offense was playing well but without a real rhythm. Still a little sloppy on some fundamentals on the defensive side, where we hit a player with a really solid hit, but then did not wrap up a couple times. But we are literally 2 padded practices in. These next two weeks will be critical and will reveal a little more each week about what this team and season will look like .  I am excited about this bunch of coaches and players. 

8 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

There was nothing too flashy, like you said. I do feel like they did a better job of defending the run, which killed us last year. It seemed like the offense was playing well but without a real rhythm. Still a little sloppy on some fundamentals on the defensive side, where we hit a player with a really solid hit, but then did not wrap up a couple times. But we are literally 2 padded practices in. These next two weeks will be critical and will reveal a little more each week about what this team and season will look like .  I am excited about this bunch of coaches and players. 

Yes! Seen some over pursued plays against the run where the back bounced from middle to the outside a few times but other than that I’d like to see players wrap up and drive through the tackles more. Pitts is a dog on defense, doubt he plays full out offense just cause of how good he is on defense. 

On 7/30/2022 at 12:12 AM, Blaze45 said:

Any admission charge for the Hville- Blackman scrimmage this coming Friday?  Thanks