Region 6-2A

cardfan

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

How has your team been looking man? Hope you’re doing well brother. 

Been a good offseason.  Kids have worked hard and we are stronger and faster than we have been last couple years.  We do return all but 1 lineman and we have a giod set of skill players but we will see how it works out

Just now, cardfan said:

Been a good offseason.  Kids have worked hard and we are stronger and faster than we have been last couple years.  We do return all but 1 lineman and we have a giod set of skill players but we will see how it works out

Having experience in the trenches is a biggy in high school ball. Especially in small ball. Good luck to you guys this year man. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, cardfan said:

Well it is very quiet on the region 6 front.  We know Riverside is the expected front runner but hiw does rest of region look to shape up?

Yeah expecting Riverside to lead the pack. They return a very good defensive line and o line pretty strong too. Lot of experience coming back including the skill guys. D daddy is right about Lewis county they have bought in and expect a whole different offense. Coach Rang gets all out of his qbs and McDonald should do well. Barnes is the real deal at receiver but they will have to find a couple of more when teams start doubling on him. Adamsville returns a lot of players and I expect Gray to have them ready. Rest of the region will b fighting for that fourth spot. 

4 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yeah expecting Riverside to lead the pack. They return a very good defensive line and o line pretty strong too. Lot of experience coming back including the skill guys. D daddy is right about Lewis county they have bought in and expect a whole different offense. Coach Rang gets all out of his qbs and McDonald should do well. Barnes is the real deal at receiver but they will have to find a couple of more when teams start doubling on him. Adamsville returns a lot of players and I expect Gray to have them ready. Rest of the region will b fighting for that fourth spot. 

I agree, and will add that East Hickman has made the most forward progress of anyone in the region over the last two seasons...unless something has changed I'd place them at #4 preseason. Anyone in the region could gain or lose a spot, but I'd be surprised by more than that.

I'm interested in Adamsville, Riverside, and Lewis. Those are the traditionally strong programs in this region.

Adamsville was very young last year. Still the best back I've seen in Middle Tennessee in the last 10 years. Neary. 

Lewis even when they are down they are fundamentally strong. Big county with one school.  They'll be good. 

Riverside- we used to have a good back and forth but they have won the last 3.  All of them at Forrest. 2014, 2019, 2021.  They always have a good mix of athletes. 

8 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm interested in Adamsville, Riverside, and Lewis. Those are the traditionally strong programs in this region.

Adamsville was very young last year. Still the best back I've seen in Middle Tennessee in the last 10 years. Neary. 

Lewis even when they are down they are fundamentally strong. Big county with one school.  They'll be good. 

Riverside- we used to have a good back and forth but they have won the last 3.  All of them at Forrest. 2014, 2019, 2021.  They always have a good mix of athletes. 

I'm curious to see how Lewis does with a new coach. I'd bet they will be a little improved as alot of new coaches bring high energy first few seasons.