Region 6-2A

cardfan

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

I'm curious to see how Lewis does with a new coach. I'd bet they will be a little improved as alot of new coaches bring high energy first few seasons. 

Good point. He will see things the other regime missed over the years.  No slight towards Sharp, who has an all time resume. It's just the nature of things.  You're the first who has hit that fresh angle i think- good job 

This will be an interesting year for this region, for sure.

Regardless of who is coaching, Lewis County should do well with this traditional schedule. Everyone knows Fayetteville will wipe them but the true test will be how well they do against 0-50 (oh for fifty) Spring Hill. If they are not able to run the score up like last year, then we know there is a good chance for another annual early round playoff exit. 

It’s a two horse region like it’s always been so, the question is, can LC beat Riverside? If they spank Spring Hill and take care of business against Riverside, then make a deep run into the playoffs, does that mean LC’s new coach is better than the previous one?

My thoughts on this region and coaching change is dicey at best. Yes, LC is in perhaps the weakest 2A region in the state. Yes, (excluding Fayetteville) they only have one competitive game on their schedule. I actually see LC taking a step back this year. I think there have been some high scores (again, I know LC doesn’t play a competitive schedule) and some games won solely on the ability of teams not being able to defend that Wing T. If the new coach brought in what is now the traditional spread offense, other teams will have a better shot at defending it.

But, I will say it again; new coach or not; better coach or not; any coach could coach against that schedule and come out 8-2. Even a terrible slip up and LC goes 7-3.

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This will be an interesting year for this region, for sure.

Regardless of who is coaching, Lewis County should do well with this traditional schedule. Everyone knows Fayetteville will wipe them but the true test will be how well they do against 0-50 (oh for fifty) Spring Hill. If they are not able to run the score up like last year, then we know there is a good chance for another annual early round playoff exit. 

It’s a two horse region like it’s always been so, the question is, can LC beat Riverside? If they spank Spring Hill and take care of business against Riverside, then make a deep run into the playoffs, does that mean LC’s new coach is better than the previous one?

My thoughts on this region and coaching change is dicey at best. Yes, LC is in perhaps the weakest 2A region in the state. Yes, (excluding Fayetteville) they only have one competitive game on their schedule. I actually see LC taking a step back this year. I think there have been some high scores (again, I know LC doesn’t play a competitive schedule) and some games won solely on the ability of teams not being able to defend that Wing T. If the new coach brought in what is now the traditional spread offense, other teams will have a better shot at defending it.

But, I will say it again; new coach or not; better coach or not; any coach could coach against that schedule and come out 8-2. Even a terrible slip up and LC goes 7-3.

Lewis Co needs to get Page on the schedule. Probably the worst program in the history of high school football. How many losing seasons??  

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:12 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lewis Co needs to get Page on the schedule. Probably the worst program in the history of high school football. How many losing seasons??  

Truth is for many years Page use to be on the schedule and was dominated by LC 

46 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I thought LC looked pretty good against Creekwood tonight. They played two quarters that ended in a no score tie.

Riverside played one of the best jamboree games I have ever seen. Won 24-21 against a very improved Chester county team. May be the best thing to happen for Riverside before the season starts

Injury bug has bitten us again. We were poised to be much better this season than the past few, but three of our top skill players are done for the season. If some kids step up, we'll still surprise someone along the way, and will be more competitive against better competition week after week...just sucks for the seniors who have given heart and soul to the program for four years to have to watch.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:12 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

How many teams in the history of high school football have played for a gold ball? Now, how many of those teams multiplied by the number of seasons have played for the gold ball?

Has to be difficult being a fan of a team that “used to be good “ but is no longer in the conversation.