Aug 5 2022 Football Scrimmages

RedRebelman

49 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Howed it go ? Covington always seems to have a couple studs at RB

Covington is a fast, athletic team. Mustangs just couldn't catch them when they broke the line of scrimmage. #2 & #:21 were outstanding running backs. Their defense gave us problems as we had trouble getting the edge with their fast pursuit. Huntingdon has a young team that's only going to get better, but today the Chargers got the best of us.

33 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Covington is a fast, athletic team. Mustangs just couldn't catch them when they broke the line of scrimmage. #2 & #:21 were outstanding running backs. Their defense gave us problems as we had trouble getting the edge with their fast pursuit. Huntingdon has a young team that's only going to get better, but today the Chargers got the best of us.

Thanks for the info, that’s what we scrimmage for , to get better ! Tide and Bruins each scored 3 times, we played great In spurts but a lot to work on for sure

On 8/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, Salem said:

Wednesday, Aug. 3

Richland at Giles County

Thursday, Aug. 4

Cascade at Eagleville

Fayetteville at Giles County

Friday, Aug. 5

Clay County and Coalfield at Monterey

Community at McEwen

Covington at Huntingdon

Crockett County at Westview

Dresden and Trinity Christian at West Carroll

East Hickman at Columbia Academy

East Robertson at Clarksville Academy

Giles County at Fayetteville

Grundy County and Huntland at MTCS

Hickman County at Forrest

Jackson County at Westmoreland

Jackson North Side at Lewis County

Jellico, Oliver Springs and Tellico Plains at Wartburg

Livingston Academy at Gordonsville

Meigs County and Rockwood at Greenback

Moore County and Richland at Franklin Grace

South Greene at Gatlinburg Pittman

South Pittsburg at Warren County

Trousdale County at Portland

Union County at Cosby

Watertown at Smith County

Tuesday, Aug. 9

Mt. Pleasant at Wayne County

Wednesday, Aug. 10

Coffee County at Tyner

Friday, Aug. 12

Eagleville at Community

Fayetteville at Lincoln County

Republic and Shelbyville at Trousdale County

Summertown has a jamboree AT Loretto on Friday the 12th...

9 hours ago, Fanofballs365 said:

How did the Meigs Rockwood scrimmage go? Is Meigs going to be legit? Does Rockwood look like they will be any good?

Meigs and Rockwood both fielded some pretty good offense. Each had a really strong run game with a just better than average passing ability. Both fielded what I would call a better than average defense as well. Meigs being fairly young will get much better defensively with reps and the offense is hitting their stride earlier in the season then I'm used to seeing. I'd say Rockwood is better this year than what  they have been in the last 5 years or so. They have some really good rbs.