Aug 5 2022 Football Scrimmages

RedRebelman

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Sound like the offense will be lethal as always, do the starter that missed play D as well? I figure they do with Camden scoring 4 times

I know 3 of them will.68 may know more about 6'7 Brady Smith .That offense was without the center and stud running back Day Day who I hear won't play in scrimmages to heal completely. Think you will see 4 running backs this year play a lot.Three are seniors and the other a soph.And in my opinion,Gross ,a freshman is the real deal.And man.Middle school has talent galore.Beat Riley 7 to 0.Scrimmaged Dresden but hard to Gauge cause they played on a practice field and looked to line up about 25 yards to score each time.Think LC is too big and fast for Dresdens middle school.LC plays bigger squads like Three Oaks,Northview,probably Dyersburg,teams double their enrollment ,maybe more.Think they going to be tough for any team.

Edited by mrbigster

14 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Covington is a fast, athletic team. Mustangs just couldn't catch them when they broke the line of scrimmage. #2 & #:21 were outstanding running backs. Their defense gave us problems as we had trouble getting the edge with their fast pursuit. Huntingdon has a young team that's only going to get better, but today the Chargers got the best of us.

The offense and defensive line was the difference. The backfield was fast but wasn’t as impressive as their line. 

On 8/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, Croppygenius said:

The weather ? Beautiful afternoon for football. You wouldn't know it had ever rained on the magic carpet. The Mustangs needed a monsoon to stop #2 from Covington. 

I thought the same, maybe Lexington had more rain, I'm not sure as to why they moved it to Monday. I went to the scrimmage, I believe we won 2-1. Both teams have plenty to work on before the season opener.