Blackman Vs Lebanon

arshad221

Lebanon starting qb was out with injury but the backup looked pretty good, Lebanon also has a tall stout offensive line with tall wideouts. They should make a good run this season.

defensive wise the corner play might be in trouble but they should adjust.

Blackman same thing I seen last season but better in the secondary despite losing on a couple of jump balls. Defensive line has got to make a staple of not getting beat on counter runs to the left side, linebackers have got to close those gaps and get off blockers it’s the only way that offense will make its mark. 

passing game won’t be an issue for Blackman but I’d like to see them gel more with snaps and timing to keep jack upright in the pocket. Run game has a chance to be there this season also. 

It will be interesting this season, I am excited to see the development in the next couple scrimmages... They had 1 practice between BGA and Lebanon... While they have worked the tempo during the scrimmages it has been very vanilla and kinda what I thought we would see. I do agree the linebackers have got to get off blocks and make a play in the run game. I watched some smaller players pushing them around and that shouldn't happen. I have absolute trust and faith in Tygard. He's been around great programs and he knows what the team has to work on, it falls on them to put the work in and and make it happen. 

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

It will be interesting this season, I am excited to see the development in the next couple scrimmages... They had 1 practice between BGA and Lebanon... While they have worked the tempo during the scrimmages it has been very vanilla and kinda what I thought we would see. I do agree the linebackers have got to get off blocks and make a play in the run game. I watched some smaller players pushing them around and that shouldn't happen. I have absolute trust and faith in Tygard. He's been around great programs and he knows what the team has to work on, it falls on them to put the work in and and make it happen. 

I just feel like Blackman players don’t really get aggressive, idk if they are scared or nervous of opponents. But not being able to shed blocks to stop a run is going to be bad. I believe if they can get short yardage stops Blackman offense will put up numbers. Both lines have to be better tho. 

Edited by arshad221

4 hours ago, arshad221 said:

i just feel like Blackman players don’t really get aggressive, idk if they are scared or nervous of opponents. But not being to shed blocks to stop a run is going to be bad. I believe if they can get short yardage stops Blackman offense will put up numbers. Both lines have to be better tho. 

They are about a week and change in practice, you have some film, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tygard breaking down the individual players and getting them the help and coaching they need. If you are bigger , faster and stronger than the guy blocking you and you are not dominating them it is a lack of technique and a need for some individual coaching. Maryville has made a living on not being the team with the best players in the state, but rather being very very fundamentally sound. Hand placement, feet and shoulder placement, just using great technique on both side of the ball. I think Blackman can get there... and Tygard can deliver that...

Edited by Blaze45

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

They are about a week and change in practice, you have some film, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tygard breaking down the individual players and getting them the help and coaching they need. If you are bigger , faster and stronger than the guy blocking you and you are not dominating them it is a lack of technique and a need for some individual coaching. Maryville has made a living on not being the team with the best players in the state, but rather being very very fundamentally sound. Hand placement, feet and shoulder placement, just using great technique on both side of the ball. I think Blackman can get there... and Tygard can deliver that...

Maryville has made a living by out coaching other teams!  Maryville is fortunate that they play in a weak region that allows them to play a lot of young players that are still learning the system but will be more than ready to contribute by the end of the season.  If Maryville had to play in the region with the Murfreesboro or Williamson County teams they would not be fortunate enough to play as many players early in the season and therefore they would have a major drop off when the injury bug hit.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Maryville has made a living by out coaching other teams!  Maryville is fortunate that they play in a weak region that allows them to play a lot of young players that are still learning the system but will be more than ready to contribute by the end of the season.  If Maryville had to play in the region with the Murfreesboro or Williamson County teams they would not be fortunate enough to play as many players early in the season and therefore they would have a major drop off when the injury bug hit.  

Couldn't agree more 

3 hours ago, cbg said:

That I agree with

7 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

It’s the same issues from last season is all I’m saying, it wasn’t like they were getting cooked on passes last year it was legit counter runs and them not being lined up in the gaps. 

On 8/4/2022 at 7:59 PM, arshad221 said:

heard he jacked his hip up powerlifting

what he said. hopefully it’s nothing too serious. He’s a very important piece of that offense so if he misses time, they could be in trouble. Although, i wasn’t there but i heard the backup played fairly well the other night. Will be something to keep an eye on the next couple of weeks before week 1