DRESDEN LIONS 2022

HevyReturns

Another season is upon us. So far, I’ve heard through the grapevines, our Lions are looking pretty good in summer activities & scrimmages. We return a lot of studs, and there is much excitement in the air. We will soon see how it all pans out this season. Guess what this Homer’s prediction is? .. Any idea? .. Hehe.. Methinks our mighty Lions will go undefeated, setting records in every game for points & yards we get and how few our opponents get, on the way to our 2nd gold at 15-0, setting even more records in playoffs & in the championship game. What else would I say, eh? 
GOOOO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY!

We’re hoping that happens my friend, yes we are. And in our small schools, one or two guys, if they’re playing or not, can make all the difference in the world! I used to think not when we first moved to small-town Dresden, but over 10+ years watching all these small school teams, man oh man was I ever wrong. Just a few players here or there can make it be either an “oh well” year or a “YIPPEE! YAHOO!” season. And I do luv our 2022 schedule, only 4 away games (really 3 since Westview is always at the college stadium in Martin, which we consider Dresden’s North campus, ha!), and the rest of our away games are also our next door neighbors. Last years far-off teams have to come here this year. Home field advantage also matters and should give us an edge (I hope), especially with our loud & proud/ @crazy@ fans! We will soon see, won’t we Cartman? And Dresden has also added a real, official BAND on top of it all! Things are looking up, but one never knows! How are the War Eagles looking? 

Henry County Jamboree will be  Friday Aug. 12 at Patriot Stadium in Paris, TN. Games will be:

5:30 pm West Carroll vs Stewart Co. 

6:30 pm Jackson North Side vs Paducah Tilghman.

7:30 pm Henry Co. vs Haywood Co. 

8:30 pm McKenzie vs McCracken Co., Ky.  

9:30 pm McCracken Co. vs DRESDEN LIONS. 

This 2022 Lion team will have tons of returning starters with a boat load of players on the sidelines, so we’ll have lots of depth & only a few playing both ways, with more speed on both sides of the ball, and biggies on the O & D lines who will be a challenge for the best opponents out there. This squad will be bigger, faster, hungrier, stronger, & more experienced than ever. And wait until you see the look of our uniform & helmets too! DUDE!

Yeppers, methinks Dresden may surprise just about everyone this year. And with many, many other W. Tenn. teams also fielding some of their best squads ever, the improved competition we all shall see will only make everyone in our neck of the woods better and more battle tested come playoff time. Thus, I feel pretty confident that GOLD balls will be plentiful in W. Tenn after all is said and done this year. Sho’ ‘nuff I do I do, fo’ rizzle dizzle be-bizzle. 

15 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

We’re hoping that happens my friend, yes we are. And in our small schools, one or two guys, if they’re playing or not, can make all the difference in the world! I used to think not when we first moved to small-town Dresden, but over 10+ years watching all these small school teams, man oh man was I ever wrong. Just a few players here or there can make it be either an “oh well” year or a “YIPPEE! YAHOO!” season. And I do luv our 2022 schedule, only 4 away games (really 3 since Westview is always at the college stadium in Martin, which we consider Dresden’s North campus, ha!), and the rest of our away games are also our next door neighbors. Last years far-off teams have to come here this year. Home field advantage also matters and should give us an edge (I hope), especially with our loud & proud/ @crazy@ fans! We will soon see, won’t we Cartman? And Dresden has also added a real, official BAND on top of it all! Things are looking up, but one never knows! How are the War Eagles looking? 

I haven't got to see the high school once yet. Was hoping yesterday would be my first look. From what I hear our backs are looking good and the lineman look better and bigger. Curious to see how the offense goes without Moon leading the way.

I will tell you even though UC was dealing with injury issues when we tied Dresden’s starters 3-3, Dresden has a very talented football team. They are hard hitting and never give up. #5 is a special player and their quarterback is accurate and big and will lower his head and run over people if he has to. Just a warning do not overlook Dresden or you will regret it.

Best of luck this season Dresden Lions.

Much respect From Union City

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

I will tell you even though UC was dealing with injury issues when we tied Dresden’s starters 3-3, Dresden has a very talented football team. They are hard hitting and never give up. #5 is a special player and their quarterback is accurate and big and will lower his head and run over people if he has to. Just a warning do not overlook Dresden or you will regret it.

Best of luck this season Dresden Lions.

Much respect From Union City

Thanks Tornado.. from all of us Dresden-ites. Maybe one day we can amass a whole bunch of gold like UC has, or the Golden Tide, or Lake Co., or the other juggernaut & historic winners outside W.TN. Lots of exemplary programs out there that has shown how it’s done, with UC being it that elite group. Lions seem to have the right puzzles pieces on the table to do similar things, only time will tell if we can put it all together. This year has lots of rural W.TN 1A-3A teams peaking as well with potentially some of their best teams ever, so whichever teams do make it out of our side of the playoff brackets will definitely be battle tested and ready for anyone. This could be an epic year for small-town football that’ll be one for the ages. Could W.TN sweep the gold in our classes? We might. Yes indeed. We’ll see before long,,won’t we? Good luck to you guys too Tornado.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

I haven't got to see the high school once yet. Was hoping yesterday would be my first look. From what I hear our backs are looking good and the lineman look better and bigger. Curious to see how the offense goes without Moon leading the way.

I’m working on finding a ride to the 3 way scrimmage Monday evening., it’d be nice to see it in person. Then Tue evening is our local meet & greet at the stadium. Fri nite is Jamboree, which you guys will be in Paris too for the first game. We play last. I’m hoping to be at all of these events. If you get to go Cartman let me know, ok? Perhaps we can meet in person. 

44 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Thanks Tornado.. from all of us Dresden-ites. Maybe one day we can amass a whole bunch of gold like UC has, or the Golden Tide, or Lake Co., or the other juggernaut & historic winners outside W.TN. Lots of exemplary programs out there that has shown how it’s done, with UC being it that elite group. Lions seem to have the right puzzles pieces on the table to do similar things, only time will tell if we can put it all together. This year has lots of rural W.TN 1A-3A teams peaking as well with potentially some of their best teams ever, so whichever teams do make it out of our side of the playoff brackets will definitely be battle tested and ready for anyone. This could be an epic year for small-town football that’ll be one for the ages. Could W.TN sweep the gold in our classes? We might. Yes indeed. We’ll see before long,,won’t we? Good luck to you guys too Tornado.

Good luck to Dresden.Your right.Looks to be about 5 teams on our side thsts going to be very tough.Maybe even one or 2 more.With past 5 or 6 years,figured like most Single A teams,be time for a few down years.But with the soph qb,running back Chamberlain,freshman running back Gross,and other youngsters and the middle school seems to be loaded with size and speed and another stud running bac.Sure some of the Dresden people got a look a few days ago.I think gold balls are at least something to think about next several seasons but never know.Most seem to think McKenzie,Trenton,Union City,Hunt will all be AA.I actually like playing Union City,Trenton.Wish we still were playing Dresden and Hunt as well.But looks like you guys are going to be a tough out.Good luck.

2 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Good luck to Dresden.Your right.Looks to be about 5 teams on our side thsts going to be very tough.Maybe even one or 2 more.With past 5 or 6 years,figured like most Single A teams,be time for a few down years.But with the soph qb,running back Chamberlain,freshman running back Gross,and other youngsters and the middle school seems to be loaded with size and speed and another stud running bac.Sure some of the Dresden people got a look a few days ago.I think gold balls are at least something to think about next several seasons but never know.Most seem to think McKenzie,Trenton,Union City,Hunt will all be AA.I actually like playing Union City,Trenton.Wish we still were playing Dresden and Hunt as well.But looks like you guys are going to be a tough out.Good luck.

Wonder when the new TSSAA classifications will come out? There really was some wild placements this go-round. It helped Martin Westview get in 2A and win their first gold! Congrats to them. Wonder how they would have faired last year in 3A? Dresden has 1 silver in 2A & a gold in 1A. We’re either one of largest 1A’s or one of smallest 2A’s, hovering on that borderline. Thing is, it’s still only 11 on field at a time. And I have seen 15-16 member teams whoop huge numbered teams with 3x the players, saw it more than once. So anything is always possible for sure. Anyways.. I’d guess it’ll be after the season before they redo everything again. But whether 1A or 2A, Dresden will probably have a pretty large amount of players on sidelines for next few years. Which is always good, ain’t it?. I heard our coach say on a recent podcast that it’s amongst the biggest number of players he’s ever had in his 12 years of coaching. And said also that our middle school team is thriving with lots of participation & development. Which if there is a “secret” to top-tier HS teams, I’d say that’s it: the feeder programs (mid. school & JV) sending up to varsity some studs-in-the-making. Teams that are always in the playoff & championship mix don’t get there by accident, do they? This year will be good for all of us… the better the competition, the better you become. And this year there will be some great games on our side of the state, I feel it in my bones. .. Or is that my arthritis acting up? Ha. 

16 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Wonder when the new TSSAA classifications will come out? There really was some wild placements this go-round. It helped Martin Westview get in 2A and win their first gold! Congrats to them. Wonder how they would have faired last year in 3A? Dresden has 1 silver in 2A & a gold in 1A. We’re either one of largest 1A’s or one of smallest 2A’s, hovering on that borderline. Thing is, it’s still only 11 on field at a time. And I have seen 15-16 member teams whoop huge numbered teams with 3x the players, saw it more than once. So anything is always possible for sure. Anyways.. I’d guess it’ll be after the season before they redo everything again. But whether 1A or 2A, Dresden will probably have a pretty large amount of players on sidelines for next few years. Which is always good, ain’t it?. I heard our coach say on a recent podcast that it’s amongst the biggest number of players he’s ever had in his 12 years of coaching. And said also that our middle school team is thriving with lots of participation & development. Which if there is a “secret” to top-tier HS teams, I’d say that’s it: the feeder programs (mid. school & JV) sending up to varsity some studs-in-the-making. Teams that are always in the playoff & championship mix don’t get there by accident, do they? This year will be good for all of us… the better the competition, the better you become. And this year there will be some great games on our side of the state, I feel it in my bones. .. Or is that my arthritis acting up? Ha. 

Om hoping the stell mill coming in.Think a solar farm.Id like to see LC can get more people in and be a larger 1A.But the families would probably move to Dyersburg.