DRESDEN LIONS 2022

HevyReturns

6 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Om hoping the stell mill coming in.Think a solar farm.Id like to see LC can get more people in and be a larger 1A.But the families would probably move to Dyersburg.

Having lived in several states from towns of 110 pop. to huge Houston, TX.. it’s Mayberry & Green Acres for me, all the way. Move to Dyersburg.. phooey on that. Tiptonville all the way! 

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Om hoping the stell mill coming in.Think a solar farm.Id like to see LC can get more people in and be a larger 1A.But the families would probably move to Dyersburg.

Be careful what you wish for bigster. Not only more people, but a different kind of people follow money when it comes to small towns like yours and mine. I've been visiting (hunting, family "mini" vacations, even made the drive several times just for a boat ride and dinner) the lake for over 40 years, and have never been uncomfortable around the locals there...even have a couple of good friends there now. Things change over time, but I wouldn't be in a rush if I were you.

55 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Lol.Good luck to you guys.Hope yall have a great season.

Same to y’all. btw.. that massive flood in Dyersburg, had a brother impacted by it, he woke up to it dreaming he was fishing in a boat, it was his bed hitting the ceiling, he didn’t panic, jumped in water & swam down to door then outside, kept swimming until he saw a bunch of others standing on top of a semi trailer & joined them. Got rescued later. He lived across from the Dairy Queen.,.trailer was at that furniture store across from the DQ.  And also had a cousin teach 3 generations of students 7th (or 8th?) grade math there at Dyersburg.. (boy, I whooped your granddad and I’ll paddle you too if you don’t behave! Ha!). 

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Be careful what you wish for bigster. Not only more people, but a different kind of people follow money when it comes to small towns like yours and mine. I've been visiting (hunting, family "mini" vacations, even made the drive several times just for a boat ride and dinner) the lake for over 40 years, and have never been uncomfortable around the locals there...even have a couple of good friends there now. Things change over time, but I wouldn't be in a rush if I were you.

You may be right.

7 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

I’m working on finding a ride to the 3 way scrimmage Monday evening., it’d be nice to see it in person. Then Tue evening is our local meet & greet at the stadium. Fri nite is Jamboree, which you guys will be in Paris too for the first game. We play last. I’m hoping to be at all of these events. If you get to go Cartman let me know, ok? Perhaps we can meet in person. 

Ill be at the scrimmage tomorrow.  Our Meet the War Eagles takes place right after and I got a little cheerleader and flag football player that need to make an appearance. As far as the jamboree it's 50/50. Being the first game makes it tougher

3 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Ill be at the scrimmage tomorrow.  Our Meet the War Eagles takes place right after and I got a little cheerleader and flag football player that need to make an appearance. As far as the jamboree it's 50/50. Being the first game makes it tougher

Good luck to West Carroll as well.I may talk a little trash when we play but all in fun.

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Sounds awesome. And tarnation.. I’m gonna havta miss Monday/ tomorrow. Let us know after all is done how everyone did. J’m esp. interested in seeing the number of players we’ll have on sidelines. I found a roster list on another site, and if that is accurate and not mingling in middle schoolers,  it’ll be indeed a huge amount of Lions on team. We can only put 11 out there, I know, but talk about the other team looking at our sidelines and going WHAT??!?!.. probably worth a few points on the psychology of seeing our team numbers. My son, an ex-player on our 2nd place team, he saw that list and said NO WAY.. that’s gotta be against the rules! He looked on TSSAA & said nope, you can have as many as you want as long as there isn’t same two jersey numbers on field at same time. I won’t say the number I saw listed, it’s just so WOW!.. esp. for a 1A team. idk. Coach Hodge did say it’s his biggest squad ever number wise. I guess I’ll see Tues nite at Meet & Greet. .. hehe- I hope they all don’t want my autograph & pics with me, we’ll be there all night with that many! (I probably need to go incognito, slip in unseen.. yeah,, that’s what I’ll do). ROFLMHO 

Well Hevy I didn't get to see much. Was originally scheduled for 4:30 got pushed to 6 due to heat. I got there about 6:10 and it looked like a scene from Twister. Only got to see two total series. Of the ones I saw Dresdens D absolutely shut TCA down. I think it was 10 plays and TCA had a turnover or two and not very many positive plays. Our offense had a little more success with some pass plays and outside runs. Got it inside your 30 and Dresden stiffened up. Dresden looked real good though definitely more athletes this year than last. I'd say about 35-40 on the roster would be my best guess 

• Thanks 1

WOW!!! A pretty large & enthusiastic crowd showed up tonight! We got us a large middle school team that’s headed for varsity, plus about 50 players on our varsity HS squad. Everyone is eager to have the season start, and as always the biggest thing is no players from any teams get serious injuries. Good luck to everyone, and BESTEST OF THE BEST luck to Dresden. 

GO LIONS! #1 All the way!