DRESDEN LIONS 2022

HevyReturns

3 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

WOW!!! A pretty large & enthusiastic crowd showed up tonight! We got us a large middle school team that’s headed for varsity, plus about 50 players on our varsity HS squad. Everyone is eager to have the season start, and as always the biggest thing is no players from any teams get serious injuries. Good luck to everyone, and BESTEST OF THE BEST luck to Dresden. 

GO LIONS! #1 All the way! 

Y'all got 50? There must've been a few to miss yesterday or they was hidden by part of tcas team or something 

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Y'all got 50? There must've been a few to miss yesterday or they was hidden by part of tcas team or something 

Yeah Cartman.. but the site link I saw with our roster has ••80+•• players!! (Either 82 or 88, forgot). So they must have included the JV & middle school too in that count, who were introduced tonight as well, with the two teams probably equaling that big total. We already have a few injuries, some crutches and arm slings & knee/leg braces. And five or six not there, they were absent when their name & number was being called out, why? Sick? In trouble? IDK.. Plus in 3ways he may not bring the whole crew.. But I guess for a 1A team that is still a pretty good size squad lined up across the field from our opponents. And we will have a new look:  all-black uniform, including the helmets, with the gold trim. The TSSAA  probably don’t allow black visors/shades on helmets, which would really add a slight Intimidation factor on visuals & opticals, maybe worth 3 or 6 points, ha, who knows? All these little things can sometimes add up to a victory that may not should have happened, but they pulled out the upset anyway. I luv, Luv, LUV these small, little, yet purposeful & tactical plans & strategies. The mental, psychological part of the game plays a huge part in everything, it’s massively important, imho anyways. So yeah, I’m rambling & wordy because I am EXCITED!!!?In case nobody noticed. Good luck to ALL our rural, small-town schools out here in W.TN.. may we clean sweep THE GOLD in all the 6 football classes we represent & play in. Now THAT would be epic! For our 1A, & 2A as well, hearing the chatter & rumors all around... it very well could happen in these two classes this year! Bring that Gold back home where it belongs! Rural W. Tenn!! The frontrunners from our area will reveal who they are soon enough. And I have a hunch there won’t be any easy cakewalks this year, everyone will be playing there best ball with some of their best teams they’ve ever had in years, with their home-town supporters bringing their loudest & proudest & largest & noisiest fans ever.. which will add to it 100 fold. This year.. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS will be FANTABULISTICAL! (Or sometimes Thur or Sat as case may be. Which will give scouting opportunities for other teams at these various times. Intriguing indeed) . I can’t help but feel that 2022 season is gonna be special in all the great things about football in our towns: classy & top-tier sportsmanship & academics, team togetherness & unity building, community togetherness & support, exemplary behavior by all, and doing so both on & off the field,  which will attract even more in our towns to get involved & support their local team. Such positives & attitudes breeds success & snowballs into even more success, which will soon turn into classy & classic dynasties of champions, which all the other teams strive to emulate. Anyone can do it.. if they would only do so! Right? .. Time will soon tell enough, can hardly wait for it all to unfold, one game at a time! YIPPEE! YAHOO! WOO WHHOOO! The BEASTS will soon be UNLEASHED! And super looking forward to having the best competition, from top to bottom, in the last several decades. Which when everyone reminisces about this 2022 season, it was the year that had the bestest teams each school has had in many years, and those of us who were here to see it & live it out, it will go down as one of the best years ever, & the Gold AND Silver ball winners will always shine in the upper echelons of best teams of this decade, maybe in school history, as that 2022 trophy was won against the best of the best opponents just about every game. No easy ones this year, not at all. ..

I could go on.. sorry to rant & ramble, but IT’S FOOTBALL TIME Y’ALL!!! And a BUNCH of 1A & 2A schools are READY with some AWESOME TEAMS! Man oh man.. let the good times begin! With best of that being no serious, permanent injuries for anyone on any team! Period! Hope to see & meet all y’all at your (&our?) games. ..

Is it Friday yet? Playing 6A McCracken Cnty, KY. Hope we can make a few first downs, & not let them score every play, right? HA!! NOT! Betcha Lions go in believing & knowing they will be the better team & once again surprise many  with some clearly dominant play against a 6A team, which on paper, should always skunk those wee-lil 1A & 2A schools of ours. And McKenzie Rebels, our 1A rivals in same region plays same 6A team in the Jamboree game right before us. I DO HOPE them Rebels get all over that KY team also! Both 1A schools from Region 6 in TN out plays the mighty 6A school from KY! Now THAT would be awesome! And to top of this delicious dish of the Jamboree, have West Carroll from 1A Region 7 put it to 3A Stewart Co. as well! That’s the whipped cream, syrup & cherry on top this Friday. Our small schools are  really ready to manhandle those “bigger” schools. YES! LET’s DO IT! COME AND WATCH IT HAPPEN! 

Edited by HevyReturns

5 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Yeah Cartman.. but the site link I saw with our roster has ••80+•• players!! (Either 82 or 88, forgot). So they must have included the JV & middle school too in that count, who were introduced tonight as well, with the two teams probably equaling that big total. We already have a few injuries, some crutches and arm slings & knee/leg braces. And five or six not there, they were absent when their name & number was being called out, why? Sick? In trouble? IDK.. Plus in 3ways he may not bring the whole crew.. But I guess for a 1A team that is still a pretty good size squad lined up across the field from our opponents. And we will have a new look:  all-black uniform, including the helmets, with the gold trim. The TSSAA  probably don’t allow black visors/shades on helmets, which would really add a slight Intimidation factor on visuals & opticals, maybe worth 3 or 6 points, ha, who knows? All these little things can sometimes add up to a victory that may not should have happened, but they pulled out the upset anyway. I luv, Luv, LUV these small, little, yet purposeful & tactical plans & strategies. The mental, psychological part of the game plays a huge part in everything, it’s massively important, imho anyways. So yeah, I’m rambling & wordy because I am EXCITED!!!?In case nobody noticed. Good luck to ALL our rural, small-town schools out here in W.TN.. may we clean sweep THE GOLD in all the 6 football classes we represent & play in. Now THAT would be epic! For our 1A, & 2A as well, hearing the chatter & rumors all around... it very well could happen in these two classes this year! Bring that Gold back home where it belongs! Rural W. Tenn!! The frontrunners from our area will reveal who they are soon enough. And I have a hunch there won’t be any easy cakewalks this year, everyone will be playing there best ball with some of their best teams they’ve ever had in years, with their home-town supporters bringing their loudest & proudest & largest & noisiest fans ever.. which will add to it 100 fold. This year.. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS will be FANTABULISTICAL! (Or sometimes Thur or Sat as case may be. Which will give scouting opportunities for other teams at these various times. Intriguing indeed) . I can’t help but feel that 2022 season is gonna be special in all the great things about football in our towns: classy & top-tier sportsmanship & academics, team togetherness & unity building, community togetherness & support, exemplary behavior by all, and doing so both on & off the field,  which will attract even more in our towns to get involved & support their local team. Such positives & attitudes breeds success & snowballs into even more success, which will soon turn into classy & classic dynasties of champions, which all the other teams strive to emulate. Anyone can do it.. if they would only do so! Right? .. Time will soon tell enough, can hardly wait for it all to unfold, one game at a time! YIPPEE! YAHOO! WOO WHHOOO! The BEASTS will soon be UNLEASHED! And super looking forward to having the best competition, from top to bottom, in the last several decades. Which when everyone reminisces about this 2022 season, it was the year that had the bestest teams each school has had in many years, and those of us who were here to see it & live it out, it will go down as one of the best years ever, & the Gold AND Silver ball winners will always shine in the upper echelons of best teams of this decade, maybe in school history, as that 2022 trophy was won against the best of the best opponents just about every game. No easy ones this year, not at all. ..

I could go on.. sorry to rant & ramble, but IT’S FOOTBALL TIME Y’ALL!!! And a BUNCH of 1A & 2A schools are READY with some AWESOME TEAMS! Man oh man.. let the good times begin! With best of that being no serious, permanent injuries for anyone on any team! Period! Hope to see & meet all y’all at your (&our?) games. ..

Is it Friday yet? Playing 6A McCracken Cnty, KY. Hope we can make a few first downs, & not let them score every play, right? HA!! NOT! Betcha Lions go in believing & knowing they will be the better team & once again surprise many  with some clearly dominant play against a 6A team, which on paper, should always skunk those wee-lil 1A & 2A schools of ours. And McKenzie Rebels, our 1A rivals in same region plays same 6A team in the Jamboree game right before us. I DO HOPE them Rebels get all over that KY team also! Both 1A schools from Region 6 in TN out plays the mighty 6A school from KY! Now THAT would be awesome! And to top of this delicious dish of the Jamboree, have West Carroll from 1A Region 7 put it to 3A Stewart Co. as well! That’s the whipped cream, syrup & cherry on top this Friday. Our small schools are  really ready to manhandle those “bigger” schools. YES! LET’s DO IT! COME AND WATCH IT HAPPEN! 

Yeah I'm sure there was some who didn't travel for the 3 way scrimmage. Either way like you said previously you can only field 11 and y'all's 11 look pretty dang good. Good luck to y'all against those big class Kentucky boys. Hopefully we have a good showing against Stewart. I'm hearing it all begins at 5:30 now? I can't make it if that's the case, we'd be pushing it at 6. Guess I'll just watch on the War Eagle Radio Network and get ready for week 1!

Edited by WarEagleCartman

6 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

I am hearing McKenzie will be sitting a handful of  key starters due to injury for the Jamboree. 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

Well Hevy I didn't get to see much. Was originally scheduled for 4:30 got pushed to 6 due to heat. I got there about 6:10 and it looked like a scene from Twister. Only got to see two total series. Of the ones I saw Dresdens D absolutely shut TCA down. I think it was 10 plays and TCA had a turnover or two and not very many positive plays. Our offense had a little more success with some pass plays and outside runs. Got it inside your 30 and Dresden stiffened up. Dresden looked real good though definitely more athletes this year than last. I'd say about 35-40 on the roster would be my best guess 

Maybe 12 yards of positive offense in 10 plays. Dresden defense dominated that scrimmage.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:52 AM, RexKwonDo said:

I am hearing McKenzie will be sitting a handful of  key starters due to injury for the Jamboree. 

In Jamboree, Rebels dominated McCracken Co, won 17-0, & afterwards I was congratulating them as they exited, & one of their coaches said they had 5 starters out from injuries. If they looked that good with these players out, man the Rebels will be a force to be reckoned with when they are all healthy. For real.