Blackman vs Hendersonville

arshad221

To anyone that questions it,I grew some a long time ago. Just so happens my ex- wanted those in our divorce settlement as well..... go figure.... but I managed to keep them as a matched set....  I am not fair weathered or thinned skin and I have been a Blackman fan for years and will continue to support the program, the coaches and players. In fact this is my 16th year going to games. In that time I've only missed 3 games, while making the majority of the scrimmages and about 5 years worth of practices when my boys played,  I am reminded this is their game not" ours". Heck our days between the lines ended years ago.  I am not pounding my chest and saying we are the best  but I also don't think we are second or 3rd team in the Boro, but then again that is my foolish pride. I believe we are going to do great every year, some years we do some years we don't.  Where any of us finish is a long way from being decided, but I like our chances of doing well on the offensive side of the ball, yet can see we have room to improve on defense. If we are able to coach up a few areas I think we will make some noise in the playoffs. I think Commandos played us well the first couple series tonight and then it got away from them a little bit. Its a scrimmage so I don't look at the scoreboard as much as I watch the level of play at all positions on the field, and try to gage where we are as a team. I think there is going to be some good ball played in 6A this year.  As for our bathrooms they are a complete mess whether  H'ville destroyed them or not. They truly are disgusting.  I will say the grass around the edge field was higher than I have seen it in a long time , but it had a couple weeks since it was mowed due to rain. Thankfully the field being turf keeps our games on a nice surface. @MJG0LDENBEARS  @mondo44 and I have had our disagreements but all in all are pretty good dudes, just passionate about their programs like I am . 

Edited by Blaze45

Sad this thread got away from football and wasted two pages on being childish. With that said.

Looked like a solid performance from the Blaze. D continues to improve and O turned in a good performance without some of the stand outs. I know nothing about H'ville, but just from the score and numbers, they may be young this year?

In any event, we are one week closer to season! Oh and with regards to grass and restrooms - we played in Grundy last night (who knew they built a new school? well, new since I was there when it was in Tracy City).

17 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Sad this thread got away from football and wasted two pages on being childish. With that said.

Looked like a solid performance from the Blaze. D continues to improve and O turned in a good performance without some of the stand outs. I know nothing about H'ville, but just from the score and numbers, they may be young this year?

In any event, we are one week closer to season! Oh and with regards to grass and restrooms - we played in Grundy last night (who knew they built a new school? well, new since I was there when it was in Tracy City).

Yes sir Blaze D played fairly well last night and showed real progress while both qb's were solid and both tight end's played big time physical ball. I thought H'ville played more physical defensively early on , but didn't have the speed in the backfield to keep up with some of the wideouts and considering, neither Page nor Brown played I'll take that. 

As for the facilities that has turned into a competition of its own...whoever has the nicest , field, indoor practice field, weight-room, jumbotron, concession stand bathrooms, edging around the field , fence .... you name it. unfortunately our restrooms and concession have been in a state of disarray for a few years and just kinda had  a band-aid fix   put on them and never truly  really fixed or taken care of

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Nobody was being childish, I pointed out what happened yesterday and the golden bears like always get in threads that have nothing to do with them trolling. The guy brought up joe biden like wtf lol!!

3 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Nobody was being childish, I pointed out what happened yesterday and the golden bears like always get in threads that have nothing to do with them trolling. The guy brought up joe biden like wtf lol!!

Spewing BS in the first post of the thread, (non factual, childish) now gonna act like you don't know how it started. Typical.