6A Bold Prediction

Bump11

44 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I have and they look good. QB is rising senior Thomas Vaccaro, and he’s looked good. The kid has an arm. Has an offer from Furman, but i’d bet he gets some bigger ones as the season goes on. And when you have London Humphreys (3* Vandy commit), Bo Burklow (3* Coastal commit), Ondre Evans (3* uncommitted), and Trey Brown (PWO at Oklahoma) at WR, (Brown also plays DB and some QB)…you just need someone to get them the ball..and Vaccaro has been doing that very well in scrimmages and practices. I’m not sure about RB, but with those WR and a big armed QB, im sure they will be mostly throwing it anyways.

yeah, I knew humphreys and burklow were back and very talented.  thanks for the other info.  now back to 6a...  : )

On 8/8/2022 at 9:49 AM, HTV said:

While they lost a lot to graduation, this isn't the first year for either Oakland or Maryville to be in that position.  The systems work and their pipelines are deep.  

The road to Chattanooga goes through those two stops, and until somebody other than each other can prove they can beat them they are the favorites.  

Oakland is the only team to challenge/beat Maryville. Nobody has stepped into the 3rd spot to say they can beat both in the same year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Oakland is the only team to challenge/beat Maryville. Nobody has stepped into the 3rd spot to say they can beat both in the same year. 

Blackman has the offensive weapons and play calling to be a contender, however a lot of what happens really falls on what kind of defense they can develop and field this year as the season goes on . Could be a good year for the Blaze . IMHO 

I know you can't always go by Scrimmages. I heard McCallie outscored Alcoa varsity 4 tds to 2. I saw this from a Chattanooga Sportswriter on Twitter.  We all know Alcoa is loaded. This past friday I saw where Oakland outscored McCallie 23-20 in a scrimmage. Looks like Oakland will be great again.  I know McCallie is loaded also.

Maryville lost some good players but return a lot of guys also. RB is Maryville's strength. Noah Vaughn and Gage Ladue are studs.  Maryville is real good on Dline and Oline.  Maryville has 2 starters back at LB. Field Goal kicker is back.  Maryville needs receivers and DB to step up. Cannon Johnson is a good corner.  Maryville has good athletes at DB and WR. Not much experience.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, Bump11 said:

as a Beech alum i would love for someone from Sumner to make a run, but i don’t see it right now. Beech is in a similar spot as Summit, lost their starting QB and 2 D1 WR, from a much less talented team. Hville is going to take a decent step back this year, and Gallatin isn’t ready to compete for a title

I don’t think anyone in Sumner County is ready to make a run, but overall I believe Beech will be better than last year and sweep the region. 

Gallatin has athletes to compete with anyone, but will struggle. 

Hendersonville lost a lot off if a really good team. They will be down from last year, but not bad. 

5 hours ago, eers said:

I don’t think anyone in Sumner County is ready to make a run, but overall I believe Beech will be better than last year and sweep the region. 

Gallatin has athletes to compete with anyone, but will struggle. 

Hendersonville lost a lot off if a really good team. They will be down from last year, but not bad. 

I could see Gallatin or Beech surprising people and making a run.  I believe one of them makes it to the 3rd round at least and possibly the semi-finals.   Am I correct that they would not play a Williamson Co or Bedford Co team until the semi-finals?  I don't see Beech being better than last year.  Lost too many weapons. Hendersonville lost a ton.  I thought Gallatin played a lot of young players in key roles last year.  I see them being better.  

3 hours ago, 13sports said:

I could see Gallatin or Beech surprising people and making a run.  I believe one of them makes it to the 3rd round at least and possibly the semi-finals.   Am I correct that they would not play a Williamson Co or Bedford Co team until the semi-finals?  I don't see Beech being better than last year.  Lost too many weapons. Hendersonville lost a ton.  I thought Gallatin played a lot of young players in key roles last year.  I see them being better.  

Gallatin stands a better chance than Beech…. Gtown played Riverdale close in a scrimmage last week.

23 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Gallatin will beat Mount Juliet by 3 TD’s.  Mount Juliet has been been a major disappointment in their scrimmages. Way overrated. I think Gallatin goes 10-0 in the regular season and goes to the semis

Interesting.... if you are going off scrimmages... I like our chances in week against the Greenwave ... just sayin