6A Bold Prediction

Bump11

2 hours ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

We will find out more on Sept 9 when it will be Oakland @ Ravenwood.   Book it.   Go Patriots!!

Not necessarily, but it will be a good early test for both. However the 2 teams we see on September 9th will be very different from the ones we see come playoff time. Also, with them being on opposite ends of the bracket they wouldn’t even meet til the finals. So it could be a small preview..but both have lots of games after 9/9 so i highly doubt that game matches up to what we’d see in the playoffs. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1

Oakland has not lost a game since 11-29-2019.    If anybody is going to knock them off in 2022 who will it be?

Aug. 18     Hendersonville
Aug. 26     Madison Ridgeland Academy (MS)
Sep. 2     Stewarts Creek
Sep. 9     @ Ravenwood
Sep. 16     @ Siegel
Sep. 30     @ Blackman
Oct. 7     @ CPA
Oct. 14     @ Riverdale
Oct. 21     Liberty Creek
Oct. 28     Rockvale

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Oakland has not lost a game since 11-29-2019.    If anybody is going to knock them off in 2022 who will it be?

Sep. 9     @ Ravenwood
Sep. 16     @ Siegel
Sep. 30     @ Blackman
Oct. 7     @ CPA
Oct. 14     @ Riverdale
Oct. 28     Rockvale

MRA, Ravenwood and CPA are the games that will be a toss up. Blackman and Riverdale will be closer than they have been. I don't see Oakland staying unbeaten with this schedule, but Creasy has made me look like an idiot before

While they lost a lot to graduation, this isn't the first year for either Oakland or Maryville to be in that position.  The systems work and their pipelines are deep.  

The road to Chattanooga goes through those two stops, and until somebody other than each other can prove they can beat them they are the favorites.  

16 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I think the MRA game will tell all there is to know. I also think the CPA game will be a good one. Ravenwood has a good QB but I'm not sold on the team yet. 

Beat me to it...I was thinking the same thing.  MRA wants payback after that whipping on ESPN.  I know some folks in the area and it has been the talk.  CPA will be good and we are definitely in agreement on Ravenwood.  Defense is a concern on all levels IMO.

14 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Not necessarily, but it will be a good early test for both. However the 2 teams we see on September 9th will be very different from the ones we see come playoff time. Also, with them being on opposite ends of the bracket they wouldn’t even meet til the finals. So it could be a small preview..but both have lots of games after 9/9 so i highly doubt that game matches up to what we’d see in the playoffs. 

Im familiar with the process

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Sep. 9     @ Ravenwood
Sep. 16     @ Siegel
Sep. 30     @ Blackman
Oct. 7     @ CPA
Oct. 14     @ Riverdale
Oct. 28     Rockvale

i know it’s been said already but CPA, Ravenwood, and MRA are absolutely the games to watch. CPA is going to be very good, MRA definitely wants some revenge, and Ravenwood should have enough offense to keep them in the game, but it absolutely comes down to the defense. The fact that the RW game is so early takes a bit away from how much of a teller that game will be. I would expect the defense, and the team as a whole to be a lot different come playoff time. But it will still be a big test for both none the less 

31 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i know it’s been said already but CPA, Ravenwood, and MRA are absolutely the games to watch. CPA is going to be very good, MRA definitely wants some revenge, and Ravenwood should have enough offense to keep them in the game, but it absolutely comes down to the defense. The fact that the RW game is so early takes a bit away from how much of a teller that game will be. I would expect the defense, and the team as a whole to be a lot different come playoff time. But it will still be a big test for both none the less 

has anyone gotten to see CPA?  they lost a lot of good players and while I know they got some transfers, they "reload" differently.  who is stepping in at QB, running back and linebacker?

30 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

has anyone gotten to see CPA?  they lost a lot of good players and while I know they got some transfers, they "reload" differently.  who is stepping in at QB, running back and linebacker?

I have and they look good. QB is rising senior Thomas Vaccaro, and he’s looked good. The kid has an arm. Has an offer from Furman, but i’d bet he gets some bigger ones as the season goes on. And when you have London Humphreys (3* Vandy commit), Bo Burklow (3* Coastal commit), Ondre Evans (3* uncommitted), and Trey Brown (PWO at Oklahoma) at WR, (Brown also plays DB and some QB)…you just need someone to get them the ball..and Vaccaro has been doing that very well in scrimmages and practices. I’m not sure about RB, but with those WR and a big armed QB, im sure they will be mostly throwing it anyways.

Edited by Bump11