Science Hill vs Elizabethton

56 minutes ago, Tab said:

He can’t play this week. Then after that he can play unless school hands him a suspension  Elizabethton has a player that can’t play against Greeneville because he was tossed.

Elizabethton player only came about a step off the sideline but he shouldn’t of got thrown out 

Elizabethton was lucky a few more players were not thrown out because they had a few come off the bench. That is the rule and every team knows that. If what you say about the EHS player only missing a half then the player from SH will only miss a half. Because they both got tossed and it does not say in the rule book one has to miss more time because of the severity of the penalty 

Edited by Tab

2 hours ago, Tab said:

Elizabethton was lucky a few more players were not thrown out because they had a few come off the bench. That is the rule and every team knows that. If what you say about the EHS player only missing a half then the player from SH will only miss a half. Because they both got tossed and it does not say in the rule book one has to miss more time because of the severity of the penalty 

Elizabethton player didn’t try to take somebody’s head off either 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BigPapi said:

Betsy has 2 weeks to get some things figured out. It doesn't get any easier with Greenville and Boone next. If they can manage to find some semblance of an offense, then they should be fine going forward. If not, then it will be a long year.

Top notch coaching staff at Elizabethton. The first half of the season will be rough, but I think the second half they'll get back on track. Might even make a playoff run. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigPapi said:

Betsy has 2 weeks to get some things figured out. It doesn't get any easier with Greenville and Boone next. If they can manage to find some semblance of an offense, then they should be fine going forward. If not, then it will be a long year.

I have to think Elizabethton will still do pretty well this season, especially after a few games.     No way they beat Greeneville and Anderson County, and this is one of the rare years they possibly should not beat Boone.   However, Elizabethton is 34-2 against Boone since 1971 so I'm not holding my breath.    7-3 is very realistic to finish.

I said it prior to last week..if Greeneville wins big and we lose it will be at best a 6-3 season(we only have 9 games) possibly 5-4. Losses being SH, Greeneville, AC...and if an upset were to occur it would be this year vs Boone. I'm not throwing in the towel but just being honest in how I think the season will go. However we have one of the best coaches in East TN so by end of season you could possibly see a strong playoff contender.

Sure we lost but it wasn't a blowout so considering we were playing with essentially new QBs and losing our best player early and only lost 17-7 does help alleviate some concerns that could have popped up if we had been blown out.

Edited by EHSTrack06

22 hours ago, THE KING said:

The cyclone player is gonna be OK.  No broken bones.  Statement came from the mother on Facebook.  If the sh player is held accountable for his Instagram posts, he could be suspended further.

My understanding is those posts are not from Hensley's  Instagram- but from SH's Barstool account. If you want to be entertained, or disgusted- depending on your take- check out any high school's Barstool account.  It's all trash talk about the other team. Some of it is REALLY out of line.  Some kids have been suspended for commenting on posts, but the accounts themselves are private and no one will say who runs it.  For the SH page it used to be one of their high profile football players but since he graduated I'm not sure who runs it now. 

• Thanks 1