Science Hill vs Elizabethton

1 hour ago, Bleachercreature2020 said:

The Boone game is going to be a lot closer than most people think. I could see Elizabethton losing 4 games. 

Boone almost always plays Elizabethton close but we always find a way to lose.... or maybe Elizabethton finds a way to win.    Until proven otherwise I would not worry about that one if I were Elizabethton.     Expect it to be close but we will "Boone" it in the end.     Hope I'm wrong, if we are ever going to get the Clones this will be the rare opportunity.

Yes, Elizabethton is young and inexperienced this year but no younger or no more inexperienced than Science Hill. The Hilltoppers basically lost almost all of their starters from last years team. They lost their starting QB, starting RB, top two WRs. And they basically had to replace their entire defense. It’s a brand new team with very little varsity experience. 

I was at the game Friday night and what I saw were two teams that, at this point, just aren’t very good. Neither team can throw the ball. And unless they can develop some sort of a passing game, they aren’t going to win a lot of games. I will say Science Hill surprised me on defense. They actually have a pretty good defense. Both teams need a lot of improvement though. 

As for the hit, it was ugly. Can’t tell me that wasn’t intentional.

Edited by WBNC83
  • Upvote 1

At this point, nobody knows how good they are. SH might have a great team this year and Elizabethton was very competitive.I'm not putting a check mark for a certain Devil win over Betsy because Greeneville won one game. Besides that,no matter that winner, it's still not the playoffs.SH has some 6A size and athletic players .Like I've always said, it's not a terrible thing for a 4A school if SH or DB beat the Devils or Betsy . My opinion is they should be able to because they should have great coaches and a strength program as does Elizabethtown and Greeneville.The only difference being the size of those four schools.That is supposed to be an advantage and the reason there are so many state championships held every year.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

At this point, nobody knows how good they are. SH might have a great team this year and Elizabethton was very competitive.I'm not putting a check mark for a certain Devil win over Betsy because Greeneville won one game. Besides that,no matter that winner, it's still not the playoffs.SH has some 6A size and athletic players .Like I've always said, it's not a terrible thing for a 4A school if SH or DB beat the Devils or Betsy . My opinion is they should be able to because they should have great coaches and a strength program as does Elizabethtown and Greeneville.The only difference being the size of those four schools.That is supposed to be an advantage and the reason there are so many state championships held every year.

When you have three times the mount of students to draw from it should be easy pickins. I always enjoy watching any smaller school beat a bigger school. But I also enjoy watching any public school beat up on the privates. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, Jje70 said:

Hearing the elizabethton player only has to sit out a half at Greenville 

That's incorrect.  If you're ejected in HS football in TN, you miss the following game as well.  Doesn't matter if ejection is first half or second.  

Edited by PullinGuard

Beating Elizabethton was Science Hills Superbowl on Friday night. This Science Hill team will have at least 5 losses by the end of the season. Maryville,DB,Anderson County,Powell and dark horse Daniel Boone could give them a run for the money just for the fact their run defense is really tough and Science Hill can't throw the football.