reclassification Video

WestTNHoopsFan

On 8/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If you have not watched this video you should. Girls basketball coaches and fans in West Tn will be very happy with it. The boys maybe not so much. LOL.

Tell me why girls basketball coaches and fans in West TN will like it. Hadn’t done Gibson County any favors with the four classes having to go across the river to play in Region and in sub-state bracket with schools possibly three hours away. You got a Memphis set of teams that don’t show up half the games and don’t play and forfeits games and yet they get three districts. From what I have seen the number of teams in AA and AAA will increase so that means possibly more tough teams in AA that are on the border. What could possibly be good news for West TN who has a ton of AA and AAA teams??? I am lost here. I guess you are trying to be funny and sarcastic because there is nothing good about it. All it is doing is creating an unfair playing field for AA and AAA to pad their pockets at state. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Tell me why girls basketball coaches and fans in West TN will like it. Hadn’t done Gibson County any favors with the four classes having to go across the river to play in Region and in sub-state bracket with schools possibly three hours away. You got a Memphis set of teams that don’t show up half the games and don’t play and forfeits games and yet they get three districts. From what I have seen the number of teams in AA and AAA will increase so that means possibly more tough teams in AA that are on the border. What could possibly be good news for West TN who has a ton of AA and AAA teams??? I am lost here. I guess you are trying to be funny and sarcastic because there is nothing good about it. All it is doing is creating an unfair playing field for AA and AAA to pad their pockets at state. 

With the size of AA districts increasing, Memphis should go back to two districts and one region. That should return rural West Tn. back to the old Region 7 with NW teams like Westview/Gibson Co. coming together with SW teams like Adamsville/Riverside. Bradley does a good job of explaining the proposals that will be discussed next week. Not perfect, but I agree with posters on the boys board. It's the best I've seen since classification began.

Edited by NWhoopaholic
misspelling

3 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

With the size of AA districts increasing, Memphis should go back to two districts and one region. That should return rural West Tn. back to the old Region 7 with NW teams like Westview/Gibson Co. coming together with SW teams like Adamsville/Riverside. Bradley does a god job of explaining the proposals that will be discussed next week. Not perfect, but I agree with posters on the boys board. It's the best I've seen since classification began.

Right now you have 395-700 in AA and I think he said he was going to have 358-716 in AA with this proposal. Single A and Four A school numbers will be reduced so much there will only be four teams a piece for the state in those classes. All just to have four classes. Not going to be fair for AA and AAA. Loading the schools all in that Division to already super tough classes will be murders row. My vote is to go back to three classes. 

Going back to three classes is not the answer.

This proposal makes sure no team has to compete with a school more than double their enrollment (with the exception of the very smallest schools in the state). I was shocked after watching the video because the proposal was actually logical.  

AA will still be stout, but it won’t be significantly tougher than it is now. Based on 2020 enrollments, the only big school of any significance to girls basketball coming down to AA will be Dyersburg (they’re gonna be real good soon). You’ll add some small schools from the top end of A. Overall, the AA powerhouses right now will still be the powerhouses with the new proposal.

Of course, if they give Memphis three districts, there will probably be a bad girls team at the state tournament. Hopefully TSSAA recognizes that mistake when they draw the new districts and regions

16 hours ago, maddams said:

Going back to three classes is not the answer.

This proposal makes sure no team has to compete with a school more than double their enrollment (with the exception of the very smallest schools in the state). I was shocked after watching the video because the proposal was actually logical.  

AA will still be stout, but it won’t be significantly tougher than it is now. Based on 2020 enrollments, the only big school of any significance to girls basketball coming down to AA will be Dyersburg (they’re gonna be real good soon). You’ll add some small schools from the top end of A. Overall, the AA powerhouses right now will still be the powerhouses with the new proposal.

Of course, if they give Memphis three districts, there will probably be a bad girls team at the state tournament. Hopefully TSSAA recognizes that mistake when they draw the new districts and regions

Small schools like Bradford, Gleason, and Greenfield  have won 10 Gold Balls throughout the years playing schools triple and quadruple their size with three classes. That argument don’t fly, IMO. How anyone can say this is a great idea making two classes extremely harder than the other two is a head scratcher?? The 3 Districts in Memphis was recognized right off the bat 2 years ago. They forfeit games and don’t play a handful of games every year. Bradley Lambert did a good job explaining it I agree, but making 2 classes a lot harder is not a great idea. We will play whoever and always have, but putting 50 or so in Single A and Four A and putting 100 or so in AA and AAA is totally unfair. So your going to make two whole classes unfair just to appease a 1400 student school that has to play Collierville?? 

Edited by pioneer42

Even with 110 schools and 3 classes there is only between 6-7 teams a District. Would be tough in in three classes. 83 schools and 4 classes about 5 per average in a good scenario. Should have left it like it was to begin with.  Even with 3 classes some Districts were small. Trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Baseball and softball in AA and AAA will be beyond brutal as well in this proposal. Not fair.  

Edited by pioneer42

There are 20 teams in Region 5 & 6 in AA girls and 20 teams in Region 7 & 8.  I don't understand why this is an issue.  How do you put Memphis into two districts without putting Region 5 & 6 into two districts.  Gibson County and Westview have a very tough route, but that should make them battle tested.  Obviously it did, Westview won the state.

Also, JCM & Liberty will more than likely be dropping to AA in 2023.  I'm anxious to see where they put them.

12 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

There are 20 teams in Region 5 & 6 in AA girls and 20 teams in Region 7 & 8.  I don't understand why this is an issue.  How do you put Memphis into two districts without putting Region 5 & 6 into two districts.  Gibson County and Westview have a very tough route, but that should make them battle tested.  Obviously it did, Westview won the state.

Also, JCM & Liberty will more than likely be dropping to AA in 2023.  I'm anxious to see where they put them.

Memphis is combined into Region 7 with the Decatur County, Adamsville Scott’s Hill District Gibson County and Westview’s District would be in Region 7 like they have been for years if they did put Memphis in 2 Districts or they swap Gibson County’s District with the Adamsville Decatur County Scott’s Hill District, who are closer or right on the river I would assure you Region 5 will be doing cartwheels if Gibson County’s and Westview’s District gets moved to Region 7 and gets out of Region 6. Means Summertown and Loretto wouldn’t meet a Gibson County, Westview or Huntingdon in sub-state. Don’t know what will happen. Who knows. 

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Memphis is combined into Region 7 with the Decatur County, Adamsville Scott’s Hill District Gibson County and Westview’s District would be in Region 7 like they have been for years if they did put Memphis in 2 Districts or they swap Gibson County’s District with the Adamsville Decatur County Scott’s Hill District, who are closer or right on the river I would assure you Region 5 will be doing cartwheels if Gibson County’s and Westview’s District gets moved to Region 7 and gets out of Region 6. Means Summertown and Loretto wouldn’t meet a Gibson County, Westview or Huntingdon in sub-state. Don’t know what will happen. Who knows. 

If JCM and Liberty move to AA, one possible district will consist of Adamsville, Bolivar, Madison, JCM, and Liberty.  Scotts Hill and Riverside will go north and east with Camden.  That geography works better in my opinion, but who knows.  Memphis will keep their three districts I think.  We played them this year and there were no cancellations or postponements.  We will know more when the numbers come out next month.   

So I looked at Alabama's enrollment numbers, and these are what they go by. Potentially a blueprint for us OR not.

1A: 0-143

2A: 144-221

3A: 222-283

4A: 284-372

5A: 373-567 

6A: 568-1,045

7A: 1,046 and up 

Schools from 1A-5A play schools with the same OR close to enrollment. 5A and 6A is a HUGE gap, obviously that would have to be addressed some kind of way. But this is more in line of what we NEED.