reclassification Video

WestTNHoopsFan

17 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Since you started the thread by saying girls teams would be happy, why did you think that when AA and AAA were going to have to add 25-30 teams. Did TSSAA actually think this was a good idea???

Because if you are going to have classifications the only true fair way to do that is size of school. You can't control the size of schools. It just naturally happens that some classes will be larger than others. That only makes sense. And to me that is not unfair or an advantage to anybody. You are playing against schools that are relatively close to your enrollment. And, if they would have voted for the new proposal I think most West Tennessee teams would have been going west for a substate instead of east and that creates an easier road to state. Make sense?

53 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Because if you are going to have classifications the only true fair way to do that is size of school. You can't control the size of schools. It just naturally happens that some classes will be larger than others. That only makes sense. And to me that is not unfair or an advantage to anybody. You are playing against schools that are relatively close to your enrollment. And, if they would have voted for the new proposal I think most West Tennessee teams would have been going west for a substate instead of east and that creates an easier road to state. Make sense?

If you are a Single A fan, yes much easier because their is less teams to go through. AA’s new proposal would have been what 358-716?? What is it now 395-699?? Adding 30 more teams to go through to win a Gold Ball would have been more brutal. 

4 hours ago, BABABA said:

I’m hearing both Peabody and Dyersburg will be AA. What a tough district possibly! 

46 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

Our district could add three teams and lose one.  It could look like this next year for us:

Adamsville

Scotts Hill

Riverside

Madison

McNairy

JCM

Liberty

The northern district could be: Gibson Co., Westview, Dyersburg, Milan, Huntingdon, Union City, Trenton.

Should be interesting when the numbers come out.

Yeah this ought to put the nail in the coffin for Memphis having 3 5 team Districts. Ought to be condensed to 2 8 team Districts like the rest of us. Peabody I knew was close. Halls is close as well. Peabody won the Rib City this summer so they will be tough. And you add Dyersburg as well. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Our district could add three teams and lose one.  It could look like this next year for us:

Adamsville

Scotts Hill

Riverside

Madison

McNairy

JCM

Liberty

The northern district could be: Gibson Co., Westview, Dyersburg, Milan, Huntingdon, Union City, Trenton.

No way this will happen. Keeping it the same means the cut off  numbers for the classes will change in order to keep the same number of teams in each class.  Around 80-85 in each class

4 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Adamsville

Scotts Hill

Riverside

Madison

McNairy

JCM

Liberty

McNairy would have to lose a LOT of kids to drop to AA. They were well over 800 at last count 2 years ago; bigger than Chester, South Gibson, Obion, Covington and Ripley.

I can’t imagine they lost 120+ kids in 2 years

3 hours ago, maddams said:

McNairy would have to lose a LOT of kids to drop to AA. They were well over 800 at last count 2 years ago; bigger than Chester, South Gibson, Obion, Covington and Ripley.

I can’t imagine they lost 120+ kids in 2 years

McNairy as of last week was around 700 kids.  It's just according to where the cutoff numbers will be.  I look for AA to add several teams in West Tennessee if the numbers are any where close to 2020 classification numbers.